Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Rebirth? Is it always a good thing?

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited February 2007 in General Banter
Sting has announced that The Police are going to tour again!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2007
    Oh, save us....!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2007
    Hey, Fede, I just noticed that you put your location as Verulamium (hey, can't pass nothin' by me!). That's St. Albans, right?

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2007
    Indeed it is, my friend, and a lovely - though quite expensive - place it is too....
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2007
    It's years since I last visited St Alban's. We used to take foreign visitors. I remember that it seemed like a complete summary of British history from Julius Caesar to the present day. It was the first place where I noticed how Roman bricks were used to build the cathedral tower and realised how whole cities can be recycled into new ones. It also delighted me, coming from London which is built right on top of the Roman city, to discover that Verulamium, or at least most of it, lies off to the east of Saint Albans so that the third city built under Roman rule.

And then that strange intellectual, political intriguer and scientist, Francis Bacon, chose it as his name when he became a Baron.

In fact, I think that this centrality to British history and its links to our proto- and pre-history is enshrined in the legend that this was the site of the first Christian martyrdom in Britain.

Of course, for us Dickens fans, Saint Albans is also the location of Bleak House.

• edited February 2007
    yes Simon, rebirth is good for the Police. This finally gives me a chance to see them. They will be playing at Fenway Park in July and I am so there!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    I agree, LFA. If I could, I would definitely go see them. I loved that band with a passion.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2007
    I was a teenager with my first bass and Outlandos d Amour and Regatta de Blanc.

I wore those albums out learning all those bass riffs. I mean, being a kid who loved the bass, how could you not like a band where the BASS player was getting all the attention and doing all the songwriting for awhile!!??!?!?

June 6, 2008 - Key Arena - Seattle. I am there. And if I'm not there - I will be wherever else I can buy a ticket.

-bf

P.S. I just purchased and watched "Everyone Stares" by Stewart Copeland. It's a movie he made and that was shown at Sundance that was made from all of his 8mm film. Some say it's what softened things between all the band members. Fun movie.
  • edited February 2007
    Rebirth is definitely a good thing in this case, Simon.

BF - please let me know how the concert is!!!

My hubby and I saw Sting in Concert about 2 years ago and I love that man!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2007
    I like Sting - but when he left the Police, he left his balls with them.

It will be nice to see him get them back!

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2007
    LOL! Yeah, sort of true.