Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Connection with Olivia

edited March 2007 in General Banter
I could use some feed back on this. If you think I'm crazy then let me know. Cause I'm not so sure myself.

I purchased a Miniature Australian Shepherd puppy. I found her on a breeders web site.
The 1st picture I saw of her she was only 2 days old. It was very strange. I felt like I knew her and was very drawn to her. I called the breeder and purchased her. We picked her up a week ago today at 8 weeks of age. I still feel like I know her. The moment I saw her in person I had the same feeling that I did when I saw her pic. She is just a delight.......Very calm and peaceful. Which is why I named her Olivia....it means peaceful.......A symbol of Peace,

Has anyone else ever experienced this type of thing before? Or am I just going over the edge......lol

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    I think if you look at it from the viewpoint that everyone we have a relationship with has karma with us from previous lives, then I don't find it surprising at all. If we didn't, there wouldn't be the relationship - whether it's a good one or a bad one. It's like the little hooks on velcro. If there isn't anything to attach to, it doesn't stick. I am continually bumping into beings - people, animal, whatever - that I feel I know, even though I've never met them before in this life. So I am no longer surprised by it. In fact, I've come to expect it.

Palzang
  • edited March 2007
    Thanks Palzang.......

I too have met ppl I felt I knew before but never an animal. I have had many dogs and different animals in my life that I have known and loved but never one that I felt I knew some time before type connection. I thought it should be the same as with ppl but thought I'd ask......
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, it's been mostly people with me too, but there have been a few animals. One time back in Maryland someone brought their pet wolf to the temple, and it and I really felt drawn to each other. I took it for a walk around the stupa, and it basically took me around. It was like the wolf knew exactly what to do, which way to go, and how many times to walk around. It was a beautiful animal! Had the most beautiful eyes...

One time for fun I did a past life regression with an astrologer I knew who wanted to learn the technique. I came up with several past "lives" (though I have no idea how real they were, maybe just fun daydreams), the most interesting of which was one where I was a wild-eyed Hungarian woman witch/medicine woman/herbalist/shaman - whatever you want to call it. My first memory was of running through a swamp, barefoot, curly black hair flying, wearing your typical peasant blouse and skirt, and laughing my a** off. Turns out I was running away from the king's soldiers who kept trying to catch me and burn me as a witch, but I was far too smart for them and used to toy with them mercilessly (besides, the village priest always tipped me off when they were coming!). Anyway, what this has to do with anything is that when I was a small girl in that life and learning the trade, my teacher had me do a sort of vision quest where I went out into the depths of the swamp and waited for a vision of my spirit guide, which turned out to be a wolf. So who knows, maybe there's the connection! Anyway, it was a pretty cool dream or whatever it was!

Palzang
  • edited March 2007
    I loved your post Palzang.......

Thank you for sharing that story.