Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello All...

edited March 2007 in General Banter
It's been a while since my last post! Lots of exciting things happening over in my neck of the woods. Some of you know that my husband and I have been looking for the perfect farm to buy. Well, we found it. And we made an offer, and it will officially be ours on April 13th! It is a 100 year old farm house (exactly what I have always wanted), that sits on 20 gorgeous acres, with a 1 acre pond. Lots of trees, and some small hills. It has absolutely everything we need to get started. I can't even explain how thrilled we are about this. The house has been completely remodeled and they did an amazing job. They kept all of the really old and wonderful woodwork throughout the house. Here are some pictures of our new little farm.

And for those of you who want to follow our little adventure, we have created a blog for it:

http://newlifeorganicfarm.wordpress.com/

Just wanted to share my exciting news with all of you! Hope you are all doing well, and I plan to be around more often as things settle down!

Comments

• edited March 2007
    A few more pictures....

I LOVE the wood burning stove in the family room! I have always wanted one of those.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited March 2007
    Kim that is very exciting! That looks incredible :)

Keep the joy in your heart - it comes through in your words. It's very inspiring :D
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Congrats, Kim! How wonderful! I'm very happy for you.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    gorgeous, i love it.

The web site looks really good - excellent graphic design and of course the photos are beautiful.

M.

:|
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Looks great, Kim. Love the pond. Can I come live in it? Every pond needs a troll!

Palzang
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited March 2007
    I love it!

Now just try not to get the old Amish Flu bug!

First you get a little hoarse.

Then You get a little buggy!

SO cool!
  • edited March 2007
    Kim, I'm so happy for you and your family........How wonderful!!!!!
  • edited March 2007
    YM: Glad to hear things are going so well for you. You deserve it!
  • edited March 2007
    Palzang wrote:
    Looks great, Kim. Love the pond. Can I come live in it? Every pond needs a troll!

Palzang

Yes, you can come live with us. But you do not need to live IN the pond! How about the hay loft? ;)

Thanks everyone. We have a buyer for our current house, so this is all just working out perfectly. We can't wait to move in.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2007
    YogaMama wrote:
    It is a 100 year old farm house (exactly what I have always wanted).

100 year-old??? That's positively pre-historic in America-time...! :lol:;)

Yogamama, i couldn't be more delighted for you, and I'm sure it's the best possible move for you and your family. Congratulations and much happiness to you all..!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Very cool - YM.

Where is it located? I need to know so I can continue stalking you.

-bf
  • edited March 2007
    Hey bf! Glad to see you are still with us. I had this really odd dream last night, with all of the members from this forum, and for some reason, you suddenly decided to kill yourself. Isn't that odd? So we were all really sad about it in my dream, and were going to your funeral. How creepy is that???
    edited March 2007
    Odd?

No - not really. I've thought about it a number of times this mornin... I mean... umm... no comment.

Actually, I'm laughing my ass off.

I would be the worlds happiest dead person if some of the members of this wonderful sangha cared enough to come to MY funeral.

I know I wouldn't go to it :)

-bf
  • edited March 2007
    Oh, you know we'd all be there! Just don't make any plans to have a funeral anytime soon please.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Only if there's free food...

Palzang the humble
    edited March 2007
    Palzang wrote:
    Only if there's free food...

Palzang the hungry

Nice sign off.

At least you're honest.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Well, I've never been guilty of sparing anyone's feelings, if that's what you mean! Such arrogance! You'd think they would have beat it out of me by now...

Palzang
  • edited March 2007
    Free food, of course!!! Our goal is to become as self sufficient as possible and we plan to grow almost all of our own food (as much as possible) and then preserve foods for the winter time. And my husband has already told me that I can not have ALL of the hens as pets because some will be used for food for him. :(
  • edited March 2007
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Nice sign off.

At least you're honest.

-bf

LOL!
    edited March 2007
    Palzang wrote:
    Well, I've never been guilty of sparing anyone's feelings, if that's what you mean! Such arrogance! You'd think they would have beat it out of me by now...

Palzang

Psssst! I changed your original signoff...

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Psssst! I changed your original signoff...

-bf

pssst! I know.

Palzang

(wink wink, tip of the hat)