Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Religion of Peace?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2007
    your arguments seem to have an insistence or assurance that you have found answers. It also strikes me that you seem angry about a lot of things that you notice in the world, and I wondered if you are trying to assuage your feelings or re-test notions that you believe tried and true. Or something else...?

*by the way, you can quote me and others simply by referring to the bottom right corner of a particular message and hitting the "quote" button. Then, all you have to do is delete all the parts you don't want quoted and leave the rest. (don't delete the quote brackets though)

Anyway, my response....Yes I believe I have found answers to certain perplexing questions (as many of us do). Whether they are right or not, is up for debate and subject to the strains of time and experience.

But you are right, you know? There are particular things that make me angry in this world. The futility of (most) wars and the fear mongering of the dogmatic. Genocide and nuclear holocaust. I admit it, these anger and trouble me. But I would have it no other way.
  • edited July 2007
    Nirvana wrote:
    Welcome to this forum, mouthfulofclay! What's your nickname? May I suggest "Clay of Full Mouth?"

Thanx for noticing I just got here. I appreciate that. As for nicknames... when it comes down to it, I guess you could call me anything you want. Clay of Full Mouth makes me laugh... at myself.

And then it makes me think of Clayface, from Batman. :wtf:
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited July 2007
    It would be nice to hear more about you. Under LOTUS LOUNGE there is a section, The NewBuddhist Members Introduction Thread, where new members can tell us about themselves.

I never used that thread myself when I started camping out here, but that's because I'm terribly quirky.

Thanks for letting me address you sometimes as Clay of Full Mouth or something in that vein, because —believe me— it's terribly difficult for me to say mouthfulofclay. It's just too much of a mouthful, I guess. My mouth has its limits.;)

Glad you found us.

Best of Regards Alway,

Nirvy
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2007
    I agree. Mouthful, spit that clay out and tell us about yerself on the New Members Intro! :buck:

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2007
    but that's because I'm terribly quirky.
    Lol!! Great one, Nirvy!
  • edited July 2007
    I think that the religion of peace starts from within. If you are calm and relax and full of loving, then your external stimulus would do the same. Otherwise, everyone is your enemy as you think they are coming to get yah, lol.

It takes discipline for the mind not to engage in bad thoughts, I hope you practice that also.

Paladin
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2007
    Paladin wrote:
    I think that the religion of peace starts from within. If you are calm and relax and full of loving, then your external stimulus would do the same. Otherwise, everyone is your enemy as you think they are coming to get yah, lol.

It takes discipline for the mind not to engage in bad thoughts, I hope you practice that also.

Paladin

This is precisely what many Muslims, particularly among the Sufis, call the true jihad.