Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Big Buddha in Phuket 80% completed

edited March 2007 in Buddhism Today
Big Buddha in Phuket 80% completed
Thaisnews, March 20, 2007

Phuket, Thailand -- The casting of “Phra Buddha Ming Mongkhol Ake Naga Khiri, being enshrined on the hill top of Nakkerd Hill in Karon sub-district is now reported to be 80 % in progress.

Just last Saturday, a group of Buddhists gathered to make merit and take part in a ritual ceremony for the pebbles before they were put in the cement mixers for the image casting.

Taking part in Buddha casting is believed to be blessed and bring prosperity and peace for Buddhists.

Phra Buddha Ming Mongkhol Ake Naga Khiri is the Master Buddha Image being casted with reinforced concrete in Maravichai style, having 25 meters in width and 45 meters in height. The construction on the hill-top is permitted by the Forestry Department.

More details are on www.mingmongkolphuket.com

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Wow!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2007
    Holy Buddha Batman! That is one smart piece of garden ornamental rockery!!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2007
    Phuken aye!

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2007
    *groan*
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2007
    I know... that was bad.

Take my wife, please!?

Sorry. I'll go sit down now. :D

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2007
    lol!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited March 2007
    If only this work could bring peace to Thailand! It appears that not only is there terrorist action within the kingdom but also border incidents with Burma.