Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Film recommendation: Act Normal

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited March 2007 in Arts & Writings
Everyone,

Recently, I visited Wat Buddhanusorn and ended up spending the majority of the afternoon talking to Phra Mike. As we were talking, he mentioned that a friend of his gave him a DVD about a man from England who ordained as a bhikkhu in Thailand. The film itself was begun when the monk traveled from Thailand to Iceland, and was asked by the Buddhist community there to establish a temple.

This particular individual had the distinction of being the only Buddhist monk to live and work in Iceland, and as such, caught the attention of director Olaf de Fleur and producer Ragnar Santos. The film was made over a ten year period, and it documents one man's journey through life—a journey that is at times humorous and lighthearted, and at others lonely and painful. I highly recommend this film.

Sincerely,

Jason

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Jason,

Any idea where it can be purchased?
    Elohim wrote:
    Everyone,

Recently, I visited Wat Buddhanusorn and ended up spending the majority of the afternoon talking to Phra Mike. As we were talking, he mentioned that a friend of his gave him a DVD about a man from England who ordained as a bhikkhu in Thailand. The film itself was begun when the monk traveled from Thailand to Iceland, and was asked by the Buddhist community there to establish a temple.

This particular individual had the distinction of being the only Buddhist monk to live and work in Iceland, and as such, caught the attention of director Olaf de Fleur and producer Ragnar Santos. The film was made over a ten year period, and it documents one man's journey through life—a journey that is at times humorous and lighthearted, and at others lonely and painful. I highly recommend this film.

Sincerely,

Jason
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited March 2007
    LfA,

Not really. You can try to purchase it from here, although the price is listed in Euros.

Jason