Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

PDX, WTF?

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited April 2007 in General Banter
Everyone,

[rant]Is it just me, or do the roads in Portland make absolutely no sense whatsoever? Being new to the Portland area, driving on these roads provides amply conditions for the arising of dukkha. And for some reason, no matter where I am trying to go, I always end up on either 82nd or Powell.

To make matters worse, we are having a horrendous time trying to find a place to live. Moving to a new city has truly tested the limits of my practice, and I have discovered that I have A LOT more work ahead of me. On a lighter note, however, I really love the food at the Paradox Cafe.[/rant]

Sincerely,

Jason

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited April 2007
    funny.

i used to hate driving in portland.

just make sure it doesn't get so bad where you want to </life>.

-bf
  • edited April 2007
    buddhafoot wrote:

just make sure it doesn't get so bad where you want to </life>.

-bf

If things are turning totally bad and one has done away with life, you can always pretend to want something by going merely into the forest to meditate claiming to inspire future generations. Sorry, although this maybe sarcasm, it is not rooted in ill will! And we are in the Lotus lounge :vimp:

Good luck to you in the new city, Jason. (I moved 2 months ago and it is still aching :) )