Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Precious Metal...

edited April 2007 in Arts & Writings
...my first article is now online. Woo hoo!

http://theworsthorse.net/nated/nated-1.html

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited April 2007
    I think your article goes to eleven.

spinaltap-36821.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    Glad you liked it Magwang, thank you!
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited April 2007
    BTW, the link at the bottom to your MySpace page is broken.
  • edited April 2007
    thanks for pointing that out....
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Great article, LFA! I really enjoyed it.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Thanks for the article, LFA.

Would a critical eye be useful? I know that I both value and shy away from tough-minded criticism of my writing and speaking. It is great to hear that people have enjoyed/valued what I offer. It is, however, the critics who move me towards doing better next time. This is not true of everyone and, before I engage in it, I try to ask permission.

Well done! I hope they come up with the financial reward as well.
  • edited April 2007
    Forgive me for going off topic for a moment, but LFA, is your icon from the monks at University at Buffalo when HH Dalai Lama came?

BTW, great article!:uphand:
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks everyone!

Simon, I am down for some constructive criticism, keep in mind it was not supposed to be an overly serious article. More fun, etc. And the article being for fun and stuff, there was no "financial" thing arranged. There didn't need to be for me, this was rewarding in and of itself. Of course If I ever get something in a printed form than I would probably look for something, but this article was way to much fun.

Sharpie, I don' know, someone posted it on my myspace page and I liked it.
  • edited April 2007
    oh. I was at UB in September for the week long event.
    The monks crafted a mondala. This looks like the 'speedy' version.
  • edited April 2007
    it very well could be sharpiegirl!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Good article Nate: how about an MP3 of one of your death metal classics?

cheers mate!
  • edited April 2007
    thanks X-Ray!

There are some tracks @ http://www.myspace.com/leukorrhea
  • edited April 2007
    the tracks may not be what you're expecting Xray, but it's not bad if you can get past "noise" factor of it!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Dear LFA (NATE).

I just listened to your website's music player thing. (I'm right into technical jargon)

I'm writing this quietly because my eardrums are bleeding, every tap-tap-tap on the keyboard is killing me!

That was some awesome 'sound' you got going on there-sorry for being unable to distinguish what was exactly being sung about, however, I'm sure it is all very meaningful!

not mystyle-but I could definitely get into it (punk is more my thing-1970's to '80s not that garbage that Blink 182 etc call "punk").

cheers-thanks for the perforated eardrum-I owe you one.
  • edited April 2007
    Always happy to oblige in the beating of the eardrum there Xray.

I'm into alot of different tuff, metal is just what I prefer. I know what you mean by older punk, bands like WAR, Gang Green, The Freeze, the Sex Pistols (of course), etc...
    Xrayman wrote:
    Dear LFA (NATE).

I just listened to your website's music player thing. (I'm right into technical jargon)

I'm writing this quietly because my eardrums are bleeding, every tap-tap-tap on the keyboard is killing me!

That was some awesome 'sound' you got going on there-sorry for being unable to distinguish what was exactly being sung about, however, I'm sure it is all very meaningful!

not mystyle-but I could definitely get into it (punk is more my thing-1970's to '80s not that garbage that Blink 182 etc call "punk").

cheers-thanks for the perforated eardrum-I owe you one.