Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New Member Introduction

edited June 2005 in Buddhism Today
Hi.

I found this site linked off the website of the MBMC, the temple I attend (not as regularly as I should, but as much as I can).

I was delighted to see that another member of the MBMC family was the moderator as well. I have yet to meet Brian in person, though I'm sure I will at some point.

I thought it polite to introduce myself before posting. My name is Mike and I am currently earning my Master's Degree in English at Marygrove College in Detroit, Michigan. I live in a suburb of Detroit and have been attempting to follow Buddhism for roughly 6 years. It was through the MBMC that I was able to finally obtain a "home base of operations" from which to work, and I am forever grateful to the monks there for all the help they have given me.

As I am unable to think of anything else to add, I shall simply say "Hello" to you all and let you know that I have been lurking on the board for a few weeks and I really look forward to participating in the discussions.

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Welcome aboard! I'd be surprised if we haven't seen each other but never been introduced. I don't go very often at all, but I was at the yard sale last year (the september one).

The monks at MBMC are really, really nice. I love them all.