Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

MySpace

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited December 2007 in General Banter
Hi all,

many of you might know that I was on MySpace at one time-I am no longer there due to the "Nutbag" factor and emails from unwanted sources (like the Nigerian Banker?) anyway-I prefer to remain as incognito as possible-if that is grammatically correct-Yea i know, it isn't just ...aww get over it.

love YOU all.

cheers
Xray

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I don't go there very much at all anymore. It's a bit out of hand. Personally, I quite like social networking sites so I switched to Facebook which is like a calm, quiet, relaxing cafe compared to the constant, massive, LOUD, rock concert that is MySpace.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2007
    it is quite unfortunate really because I had Dido, the Dalai Lama, you and some others as 'friends" the most friends i've ever had!

cheers sis.

Love you,
    Xray
  • edited May 2007
    That is a shame. I still love Myspace. I have a couple profiles - one for the friends I knew from back home and family, and another for friends I've met since. I keep both profiles private except for people on my friends list and I am careful whom I approve. So far I've avoided a lot of the nonsense running amok on Myspace. I do find it nice to keep in touch with friends that I would have little to no contact with otherwise (especially because I am not very social due to energy constraints).
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited May 2007
    I finally signed up to keep in touch with family and friends, but I am being very careful about what goes on.
  • edited May 2007
    I've been on MySpace for a while now, but within the past couple months it seems more and more people I used to know are joining. They are starting to send me messages and rekindle friendships that I long thought were gone. I think it's all in how you go about using it that creates whatever issues. You can set your privacy like DK said, you can even set it to not allow messages to be posted on your page without you approving them first. This cuts down on alot of spamming and you post the comments you want on your page. Check out the "account settings" area of the page to see all the things you can do to protect your page and information.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    I think I prefer to distribute my info on my website for priveledged viewers only (like you people).

Two girls here in Aus said their goodbyes and then killed themselves after writing posts to their "friends" on MySpace. Another girl was killed by one of her "friends" after meeting him. Unfortunately-too many nutbags.

I understand that there is a privacy set of settings however I decided to give it a miss after receiving spam from some Nigerian banker-who by the way has a really good deal for me ......it depresses me.

cheers all
  • edited May 2007
    I love myspace..........

If it wasn't for myspace I would never have met Boo and found out about this forum.......

When there is good there is always a little bad.......When there is bad you usually can find at least a little good too. If you look hard enough. nothing is perfect.............

Example.........With John's cancer.........it seems like there could not possibly be anything good in all this but there is............We found out just how many ppl love and care about us and when you are in a jam...............they are there supporting you all the way.......with love, kindess and compassion.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Great post, Deb. So true in every way.
  • edited December 2007
    Hey I used to have myspace all my friends knew my password......when i moved they got onto it and posted all this stuff saying i was a "fag" (i do not know why they would call me a bundle of sticks....)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Obviously they were trying to "stick"it to you!

Palzang
  • edited December 2007
    Chuckness wrote: »
    Hey I used to have myspace all my friends knew my password......when i moved they got onto it and posted all this stuff saying i was a "fag" (i do not know why they would call me a bundle of sticks....)
    :lol:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2007
    I still hang out on MySpace.

I have to.

As it has been pointed out here - I only come to this forum to troll for hot sex with our members (I don't know if that was just female or male as well - vive la difference!) - as you all know.

But, since I've made it through the rounds here, I need to keep trolling for new victims.

-bf

P.S. Seriously though, it's all what you make it. Moderation and using yer brain is such a wonderful thing - or so I've been told.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    buddhafoot wrote: »
    Moderation and using yer brain is such a wonderful thing - or so I've been told.

I've heard that...

Palzang