Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Time spent with my family.

bushinokibushinoki Veteran
edited June 2007 in General Banter
Today, my mother and niece arrived here at Ft. Carson. We had dinner together, and then spent some time in my room here on base. My family has affectionately dubbed my niece "Hurricane Jessica" for her tendency to completely demolish any clean room. Yes, my room is now a federal disaster area. I wouldn't be surprised if FEMA showed up tomorrow with a check for cleanup costs. But, during the process, it reminded me of how much I miss my family. My sister in law is about to deliver another baby girl, and my youngest brother is about to join the Air Force. Being separated from them has really drove home how important my family is to me. It is a nice thing to see the people I cherish once in a while.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I am glad you got to see your family. My own son is at a military academy in Anchorage, and although it is 350 miles away, we are there whenever they have a visitation. I know you miss them, and I bet they miss you too. But I bet they are proud of you too.
  • edited May 2007
    There is never enough time to spend with family ... congrats to your sister in law .. you guys in the military keep safe out their .. get the job done and come home.

Makes me feel silly ..my wife is going out to work the night shift and I miss her already :-/

Good Day ...
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited May 2007
    OST, don't feel silly about it. Working opposing shifts can be almost as hard as being half way across the country. My brother and sister-in-law know this quite well. Up until she got pregnant, she worked nights while he worked days. You do have to make every minute count, though.
  • edited June 2007
    There is never enough time to spend with family ... ...

Depends on the family! ;)

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with your family. Family really is so important. I live too far away from mine, and it's really hard sometimes.