Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pictures of Bhutan

edited June 2007 in General Banter
You may already have seen these, but there are some fantastic pictures of Bhutan over at buddhanet.net.

Peace and blessings
Ian

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the pics, friend.

BTW, does anyone have anything at all to say about the international Buddhist flag? I finally got around to noticing that there is such a thing. See how dense I am?
    iBf.jpg 16.2K
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Read all about it here.

Palzang
    edited June 2007
    Thanks, dear, good Palzang. I hope you don't think ill of me for superimposing in my avatar some dear words from Melanie in a Muslim green. I'm still keen to hear more about this "Rainbow" flag.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Don't bother me a bit. Actually green is the color of one of the five Buddha families in Tibetan Buddhism.

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Nirvana, if I may ask, who's Melanie?
    edited June 2007
    Ah, you're showing your dear youth, young Lady! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Safka

BTW, YOU sorta remind me of Melanie, Brigid dear. Melanie IS a hippie songster from the early 1970s who performed at Woodstock and was grafted onto my heart. Melanie (Melanie Safka) had hits such as "Beautiful People, You Live in the Same World as I Do." and "Brand New Key." Well, "Beautiful People" was certainly a hit in Sioux Falls, SD, where I grew up. I cannot find that particular song highlighted searching under "Melanie."

But here's a Link with a button on the right that says: Beautiful People. Click on that and you'll come up with the text.
    http://www.patswayne.com/melanie/
    Now, I don't download music, but I can still hear Melanie singing. Just Beautiful. http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-People-Greatest-Hits-Melanie/dp/B00000JIL0

Well, I guess it's the name of an album, afterall.

You gotta love the hippies.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Wow! Thanks Nirvana! That'll certainly keep me busy for a while. I used to be very into the whole hippie thing myself, back in the day. But the movement had already been over for a while before I became enamored with the whole thing.
  • edited June 2007
    My favorite Melanie song was Candles in the Rain. Sigh. I never knew her last name, or maybe I did, but it was long forgotten.

I kind of missed the hippie thing too, Boo, but that still did not keep me from reading Ginsburg and dropping acid. I was just a bit behind the times.
    edited June 2007
    Bad of me to HiJack this Thread. Guess I'll throw in a few photos every now and then.

I've never been on the continent of Asia even, so don't think I have.