Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Please Help the Bhavana Monastery

edited June 2007 in Buddhism Today
The Buddhist Peace Fellowship has on its website (http://www.bpf.org/html/home.html) a link to an online petition to help the Bhavana Society Forest Monastery and Meditation Center in West Virginia. A company is considering building power lines across the monastery’s land, disturbing and disrupting the beautiful surroundings and serene atmosphere. If you would like to speak out, your signatures would be much appreciated.

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    I'm happy to sign the petition to save this monastery. I've met some of the monks from there, and it's a fine place worth saving (especially compared to the auto junkyard they're rerouting the power line to avoid!). What I do have a problem with is that after I signed the petition they tried to force me to make a donation, not to the monastery, but to the company that does the petitions! That's not cool.

Palzang
  • edited June 2007
    Yes, I apologize for that. But I hope the cause is worth overlooking the way in which it is presented. Thank you for your support.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Well, thank you for your apology, but it's not your fault. I do think the Buddhist Peace Fellowship might want to reevaluate who does their petition drives though!

Palzang