Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Album review: Give Me Your Soul... Please

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited June 2007 in Arts & Writings
I just bought the new King Diamond album entitled Give Me Your Soul... Please< today, and so far, I am not disappointed. After twenty-seven years of perfecting his art, King Diamond delivers yet another exquisite concept album that is reminiscent of his earlier works while at the same time supplying an incredible array of fresh material. For instance, many of the guitar riffs sound hauntingly familiar, and there are references to past King Diamond and Mercyful Fate albums scattered throughout the lyrics of this album.

It's both exciting and new while at the same time having an almost nostalgic feel to it. In one interview, King Diamond even remarked, "So but hey, there's a lot more in there. At some point, in "Shapes of Black" for instance, you'll be "Ooh now I'm starting to think about the Spider's Lullaby, because of what's said in the lyrics," suddenly you'll think of Mercy, because it suddenly mentions the old oak tree. There's a lot of these things going on for people to sit and find, "Well this reminds me of this and that"" (source).

I dare say that King Diamond is the H. P. Lovecraft of music, and I am continually surprised at how little attention the music industry gives to this entertainer of entertainers (not to mention the general public). He ceaselessly puts his heart and non-existent soul into every project, and this is certainly one of his finest to date. In my opinion (which is heavily biased by the way), this album is a conceptual masterpiece, and I would highly recommend picking this one up if you are a fan of the King. I give it 666 stars. \,,/

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2007
    ....It's inferior to "The Puppet Master.".....
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2007
    ...But don't be too impressed....

I read it here :D
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2007
    There's no accounting for taste... ;)