Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sorry

edited August 2007 in General Banter
I just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been around for a few weeks. The truth is that I haven't been too well. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here before but I suffer (perhaps the wrong word choice for a Buddhist forum) from bipolar disorder and I've had a fairly major depressive episode from which I'm now slowly recovering. I've been able to function at most levels but obviously any form of practice has been out of the question. Its just a matter of getting through it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I'm still here.

Love and blessings to all

Ian

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2007
    All kind thoughts and prayers, Digger. Glad to hear you are coming out of it.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited July 2007
    digging his way?
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2007
    Welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling better :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2007
    digger wrote:
    ....but obviously any form of practice has been out of the question.
    Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I'm still here.

Love and blessings to all

Ian

Digger, welcome back, and Much metta and Karuna to you.

I disagree with your comment above, however (not in an argumentative, confrontational sense, please understand...) I just think you are mistaken. And your presence, here and now, in this thread, proves it. Even with this awful episode, you have thought to come in and speak to us, so a form of practise has existed in your mind and heart. I commend you and salute your resolute determination to come through it and acknowledge your fragile state, yet all the while being a living testimony to the Goodness within you, that you have so obviously manifested by coming back and touching base.

Keep Mindful, and meditate. I know for a fact, through awareness of others with this dreadful condition, that this works.
    Hang in there, and it's lovely to see you back with us.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited August 2007
    Federica is right, Digger. Opportunities for practice can be found in unexpected times in our live (take it from me).

A lotus grows in mud.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2007
    As Trungpa used to say, the more shit in your garden, the bigger the fruit!

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2007
    I agree wholeheartedly and from direct personal experience that practice during the worst times is often the most fruitful. I also agree with Fede that you're instinctively practicing whether you know it or not, Digger. The seeds have been planted in you mind and even though you're unable to see the fruits, they're there nonetheless.

It's wonderful to see you here again. I'm sending you much love and gentle hugs.

Brigid
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks so much for all the kind words. How does one respond to such kindness and, dare I say it, wisdom? Now that you have made me think about it a little, you are right. The suffering and struggling and the overcoming of suffering and struggling is a form of practice (perhaps the only type that really matters at the end of the day). Although it wasn't clear in my op I was talking about meditative (and other inward looking) practice. For me, that path goes to places I'd rather never visit again in the rapidly spiraling downward state I was in a few weeks ago.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Perhaps I'll just go and shit on the garden :-)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2007
    LOL!!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2007
    ...Suddenly, I've gone off fruit.... :crazy: :D