Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Celtic Buddhism

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited August 2007 in Buddhism Today
It has always been my belief that Buddhism is extremely flexible in its approach to local tradition and uses its mythological archetypes to express the unexpressable.

This new lineage goes some way to show what I mean:
Celtic Buddhism
It should be noted that it is a US version of native Celtic myth which is a bit strange when we consider that Turtle Isalnd has its own body of myth, rooted in its own soil.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Perhaps not so strange. The Scots and Irish settled here and many of them identified with the the peoples already here. I would be lying if I didn't say there wasn't a deep longing for country that I've never seen (Scotland), and while I don't believe in 'genetic memory'...there is some link/pull/connection that is 'felt' between the two lands.
  • edited August 2007
    I guess they aren't back from Ireland..... perhaps they like it better than Vermont. Interesting though, Tibetan-U.K-Vermont-Celtic lineage.

Explains that always scary picture of Trungpa in the kilt...........

I wish them the best!