Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Eid Mubarak - Eid Saeed!

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited October 2007 in Faith & Religion
The end of Ramadan has finally arrived. Much honour and respect to our Muslim sisters and brothers who have fasted and prayed during this holy month.

Ramadan really is a time when we can find the space to reflect on how badly we are managing to carry out the imperatives of our beliefs. That it ends in Eid and all its fun and feasting, all the grumpiness and impatience of the past four weeks put behind, that it ends in joy is a wonderful metaphor for what awaits us when we can meet, people of good will of all beliefs, in real friendship, all eager to play and learn and sit quietly together, just as we did when we were all 8 together.

Holy Eid - Happy Eid to us all.

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited October 2007
    The end of Ramadan has finally arrived. Much honour and respect to our Muslim sisters and brothers who have fasted and prayed during this holy month.

HEY PILGRIM,
    Thanks for bringing me back to the calendar. I've strayed from the Church calendar in my business, and it's good of you right reverend types to remind us now and then of the greater fabric right outside our doors.

Here's more on EID:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSGOR22906620071012
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited October 2007

Ramadan really is a time when we can find the space to reflect on how badly we are managing to carry out the imperatives of our beliefs.

That it ends in Eid and all its fun and feasting, all the grumpiness and impatience of the past four weeks put behind, that it ends in joy is a wonderful metaphor for what awaits us when we can meet, people of good will of all beliefs, in real friendship, all eager to play and learn and sit quietly together, just as we did when we were all 8 together.

Holy Eid - Happy Eid to us all.

A terrific Note, dearest PILGRIM!

However, I think that eight year-old child in you is still very much alive and well.

And I think that is about the highest compliment anyone can make about a person. For what could be more beautiful or full of the sheer power and magic of potentiality as is that wonder that is a well-nourished, loved child?

(I'm so happy to see a different thread in this corner when I sign on.):rolleyesc