Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Euthanasia pets and practice/education

I am in pre basic program in tibetan Buddhism ie discovery of Buddhism. I plan on taking at least the basic program a intermediate program that relies on morals ie basic layvows ie no murder.

I have 2 cats one healthy the other on a special diet crystals bladder/kidney now she’s depressed and behavioraly challenged like her mommy sigh . I could rehome one when time comes the other can’t. She’s peeing on me for over a year for once a month now it’s getting worse twice a month. I am extremely poor so taking a pet to vet for behavior problems is a waste of money but let me remind you it’s not about money. I rather see her not suffer. She’s my child I love her would I do euthanasia if I had and probably would if it doesn’t get better on meds my human child no.
I know as a student learning it’s a violation of morals and can be very bad for my teacher , sangha and myself karma and practice.

At this point nunnery may not be a option but I could still teach if my teacher my sangha says so because of this. And I am cleared by my parents unofficial guardians for my disability for nunnery but it would be a bad situation with my family I don’t wanna do. I want to be nun if capable ie depression ie behavior problems. But I don’t wanna a rift between my parents. I can do the masters program online with monastery teachers but seven yrs around 2030 is restive on vacation ect time during class schedule. They have breaks. Then theirs a month long retreat I think in person for intermediate and masters program. My mom said she watch my cats but that’s a to much time. It’s a lamrim retreat the monstary is offering a 2 yr online lamrim program but I don’t know if this is the one.