Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dear Monk...

edited January 2008 in Buddhism Basics
Has anyone seen this before? I just found this from the YogaJournal website. Interesting idea...

http://www.cloudwater.org/askamonk.html

:rockon:

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    I think it is a good idea. It's an idea we also have for our new website we're developing, an "ask a monk" service that is basically like the one you found. It would be part of our virtual sangha service to provide a facsimile of sangha for those who don't live near a Dharma center. I think there's a real need for such things.

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2007
    Yuh, but we don't got one here 'cos' we got our ally, Pally.... custom made!! Jeesh, we iz soooo lerky!! :rockon::om:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    I always had you pegged for a lerker, Fede.

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Hey, Palzang! Why don't you volunteer to be the adviser on that virtual sangha service? You could call it "Dear Pally". :)

Btw, I think it's a wonderful idea too.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    How about "Dear Pallywog?"

Actually I'm sure I will be involved in some way. I'm the guy who maintains all our websites now, so I'm also probably going to be one of the people who answers questions on the site. I can't wait to see it in operation as it's something I've wanted to see happen for a long time. People who don't live around any sangha really need this kind of thing.

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2007
    Dear Pallywog,
    I have this problem.
    Nobody likes me.
    I keep telling everyone to like me,
    but they won't obey me.
    What's wrong with them?

I think that you're taking this on is awesome, and I wish you all the very best in Wisdom, Love, Compassion, Skilfulness ans Mindfulness.

As if you need it, Pally dearest..... *hug*.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Ouch! Not so hard!

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Fede,

LOL!!!

Hi, Pallywog.

Wonderful!! That's great news. There couldn't be a better counselor for the site. Really wonderful. And people from all around the world could really use it, and will, I'm sure.

A big, gentle hug from me, too. (I wish I could hug you in real life. :) )
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Well, if Buddha turned a wheel for Pally - I'm sure it had training wheels...

-bf
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited January 2008
    I could have used something like this when I lived in CA. There were a few monks in town but they were not avaiable for questions. I don't think they even spoke english.