Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Holidays

edited December 2007 in Buddhism Basics
Just stopping by to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and the best possible 2008 :)

Promise to be around more in the new year.

Windwalker xxx

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2007
    You too, Sunbeam - and may the Best of this year be the Worst of the next.....! :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Happy holidays, everyone!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Merry Buddhamas everyone!

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2007
    But Pallywog....ain't ebbery day a 'Buddhamas'...?

Oh......

Hang on....

I geddit!

Yeh....

Happy Buddhamas ebberyone!
  • edited December 2007
    Happy Holidays to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Yes, it is at this time of year when we should remember that Buddha was born in three mangers under a full moon somewhere in the deep South. His Mother, Sue, impregnated by God and then given the head of an elephant right before she opened a box that unleashed all the worlds evil...er I think I'm confusing some stuff here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays.

-bf

P.S. I can't wait for Easter to get here to celebrate Buddha's death, rising from the dead and his ascension into ...oh... for forty days an forty...
  • edited December 2007
    buddhafoot wrote: »
    Yes, it is at this time of year when we should remember that Buddha was born in three mangers under a full moon somewhere in the deep South. His Mother, Sue, impregnated by God and then given the head of an elephant right before she opened a box that unleashed all the worlds evil...er I think I'm confusing some stuff here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays.

-bf

P.S. I can't wait for Easter to get here to celebrate Buddha's death, rising from the dead and his ascension into ...oh... for forty days an forty...

:eek:

:tongue2:
    edited December 2007
    BF...
    I think the words "back to the drawing board" spring to mind....!

Have a good one friend.

Hopefully, you have some festive joy lined up....

Hugs, matey...
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited December 2007
    Happy holidays everyone. The Holly King strikes again!! Hope all is well with you.

_/\_
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2007
    It is astonishing how the celebration of Christmas has spread far beyond Christendom!

It also strikes me that there is a fundamental difference between the birth legends of Gotama and Jesus: the former is a prince and the latter is "a bastard born in a back street".

Whatever you are doing today, may the coming of the light bless you and may you all know happiness and the causes of happiness.

P.S. As a novice, it was my joy to read the Martyrology of Christmas Day at lunch. It is an ancient Christian legend, repeated each year in the Martyrology, that, as Jesus was born in a remote corner of a second-rate occupied province of the Empire, it was the only day when there was no warfare anywhere on earth. It may not be factual but it is a wonderful image.
    edited December 2007
    ....I received a wonderful gift from Nick. It's a book, by Pema Chodron, titled 'the places that scare you'... I read the first few pages, and immediately, her words and wonderful style of writing, have moved me. In it, she writes:

"The Buddha said that we are never separated from Enlightenment. Even at the times we feel most stuck, we are never alienated from the awakened state. This is a revolutionary assertion. Even ordinary people like us with hang-ups and confusion have this mind of enlightenment called boddhichitta. The openness and wrmth of boddhicitta is in fact our true nature and condition. Even when our neurosis feels far more asic than our wisdom, even when we're feeling most confused and hopeless, boddhicitta - like the open sky - is always here, undiminished by the clouds that temporarily cover it."

This speaks volumes to me, and is a clear indication of my own personal view that we are all of us perfect....just as we are.

Bless you Simon, and much love and warmth to you, and kinship in abundance, brother mine.... XX
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas!!! I'm off to see Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem!!!