Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dear Federica:

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited March 2008 in NewBuddhist.com
What happened to Pooh-Bear?

What's with the Wolf?

Are you OK?

EDIT: OK, so I saw yours and Brigid's and Island's posts in the NewBuddhist Members' Introduction Thread, and all your talk of totems and wolves.

But we need a Dear Federica column anyway. (Probably a Dear Brigid thread, too, for that matter.)

At any rate, you need to say more. Even if you have little to say it's the WAY you say it that is so derned wonderful.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2008
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot." :tongue2:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2008
    With regard to the avatar... odd as it may sound, although I found the picture of the mother wolf and her cub, breathtakingly beautiful, and wholly evocative of the 'image or energy' I feel the wolf, as my totem animal' personifies - I didn't feel quite - right - using it yet.
    Maybe I still have to get into the 'spirit' of it.

So I've brought Pooh back for a while.

Simon has been so constant with his Avatar, as have others. Me? I change mine according to 'feeling' or 'stasis'....
    So, anyone reading this in a few months will probably see an unconnected avatar anyway....

Rambling on, aren't I....?

See my first post....!! :grin:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2008
    Dearest sisters, Fede and Boo,

Do you know William Horwood's wonderful novels about wolves? If not, you may be in for a treat.

I have decided to stick with my mandala avatar until I have fully grasped it so it may be many, many lifetimes or in a couple of seconds.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    LOL!!!

I'll have a look see about that author, Simon. I'd love to read a novel about wolves. It would probably bring my wolf dreams back! Lol!!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2008
    I have decided, as well, to stick with my cat-living-under-a-hat avatar.

I feel the flux of impermance tugging at me :(

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2008
    bf, you are the cat - don't ever change it!

Palzang
  • jj5jj5 Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited March 2008
    I like the title of this thread. Sort of like "Dear Abby"!