Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just out of curiousity...

edited June 2005 in General Banter
Does anyone else here do yoga? Also, I am very new to meditation, and it seems to me that is such a big part of Buddhism...does everyone here meditate daily?

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I don't do Yoga but I have heard good things. I do Kung Fu. Drunkfist. I meditate in one form or another everyday. Some days I go deep into meditation and others I just take a few seconds and clear my thoughts for focus. Then again some days I do both. :)
  • edited June 2005
    oh cool - I would love to start doing some martial arts of some sort. We plan on putting our daughter in martial arts classes when she gets a little older. My husband did jiu jitsu for years, but since we left Phoenix, he has not found a place around here to do it again. I know he misses it terribly! How long have you done kung fu?
    edited June 2005
    Almost 6 years.
  • edited June 2005
    I would love to get into yoga. I'm in reseach in finding places around here to start. And I meditate on a daily basis. Meditating takes practice. :)
  • edited June 2005
    Meditating definitely takes practice. It is one of the most challenging things I have ever done! If you want to start doing yoga at home, I have some excellent dvd reccomendations for you. I started with yoga at home.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I go to yoga once or twice a week. I have a young child, so I find if I dont commit to a class it just does not happen. I also do pilates. The two compliment each other well.
  • edited June 2005
    I've done yoga twice with a friend recently. I liked it, but boy was it hard work - and all we really did were sun salutations. I'd like to do it more often, but things are really hectic right now and I'm having surgery soon, so I won't be able to do it afterwards for a while.

As for meditation, I don't do formal meditation, but I do try to be super conscious as much as I can daily, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time.
    edited June 2005
    I had to go into deep meditation at work today before I clocked in. It is th eonly way to get through the night.