Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Beyond our EGO-Please Read and comment

edited February 2008 in Buddhism Basics
In the following post I am going to use the word "core" to replace what some call spirit, soul, pure energy, a reflection of ones self, I don't like those terms and am not biased about what it is that we feel as our true self(s), there is no explanation in words that can explain or label what that is.

This is just a feeling I have and live by.

In order to even begin to feel our core we have to be able to strip away any thoughts and pre perceptions gained about life. In science we have three egos, child, parent, and adult. From the age of 10 we start to develop memory and at this point is when we start to loose or connection to our core and start programming ourselves with non sense. When we are young we base our choices and develop our thoughts based on our parents, for some aunts and uncles, or grandparents or what ever is there to compare to. Further more when we get even older we start to base our thoughts on all of our peers and society. The final step in when we are adults and start to base our life and thoughts on worse things like : time, politics, cooperate world, news, etc. The progression of life just gets worse. How are we to expect that even a quarter of the population can think from there core, do you who are reading this even think souly from your core. Memory is something we develop and learn to rely on, this forms our instinct. Everything we do is based on our programmed reality in memory from others and our surrounding. When is the last time, and truly think on this, have you truly had one thought of your own. I am sure there are many but how often??

In order to really think from your core you have to strip everything you have been programmed to believe and just listen to yourself, ask your self questions, it is hard because at first your brain will try to screw things up because it is so hard not to think with your brain. For example, in a situation that is extreme, and this happens a lot, your instinct will tell you to do something but some how intuition pops in and over rides you and you act with some form of power. You stop using your brain and you just act in the moment. After wards you start to think about it and you become totally confused!! That is really amazing because that is your brain not knowing how to explain what you did and how it is possible. Your core, you, yourself, who you truly are took over. I often get tired of talking because I am at a point in my life where I have become so in tune with myself that the language I truly speak it not with words but with intuition. The emotions you feel inside are just your physical body reaction to the joy of your own thoughts. It is when you start to think about it using your brain that things become foggy. We have nothing to explain to ourselves because we are only explaining them to our brain, and our brain cannot comprehend what ever it is that we are. That's ok tho, because what ever we are, we just are, that simple.

When you fully see this and you truly become accustom to this idea the things that happen in your life become totally unexplainable. I have things happen to me very day that no one can understand. All my friends that are close to me treat be like some divine alien and strive to be just like me. I seriously cannot explain the feelings I get when they look into my eyes and are just bewildered because I am to lol.

Please I am have so much fun with my life right now, it has taken me so long to get to this point, it is not easy to convince your brain not to think, it is probably the hardest thing I have ever done, but the way I am now is so incredible, I am physically living a life of wonderment.

I beg all of you who read this please leave a comment of your views of this, or just leave a really awesome comment I would really appreciate it. I love to hear others thoughts. It is great. Thanks.

Micheal Boudreault

"buddha once said to not take anything you read literal and digest it within yourself and the truth will emerge within your own being"

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited January 2008
    DO you find your self getting a little excited when people around you think of you as a divine alien? You said you are in tune with your self but I have found whenever I believe I am in tune with myself it is only temporary. I believe a person's true self is a manifestation of their experiences combined with control of their practice. It is all mixed in a big mixing bowl we call life. Sometimes an ingredient is added and the recipe changes. Anyway after we are all cooked up and eaten we all turn into the same thing. :scratch:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2008
    There's a lot here, Demigod.

You'll find that there are a number of members here who will take issue with you about any irreducible "core" or "esence" to the human that I call "I". Search the threads here and at any other Buddhist board and you will find the debate.

Of course, if we deny the reality of a 'core', what you are experiencing must be something else. If your experience of others is as you describe
    All my friends that are close to me treat be like some divine alien and strive to be just like me.
    you are in a bit of a pickle. It becomes your duty to be their model. No more playing the fool unless you are prepared to defend your behaviour. No chance of apologising for anything - because as "divine" your actions cannot need apology. And, of course, extradition and possible internment or execution as an 'alien'.

It would be difficult for me to comment on your impression because I have a completely different experience of moments of 'waking up'. If anything, I feel less different from all that is, less alien.
  • edited February 2008
    Thank you for the reply pilgrim. I do agree with what you say about being a role model and that I have to "step up to bat" in loose terms. In a western society being myself and letting people enter my life to share my views seems to be all that I can do. Live my life to its fullest while sharing the energy I have. Now when I say the term divine alien I am just trying to convey what people, who are completely unaware of themselves, might view me. I am no different from any human on this planet in terms of my abilities, jest levels of awareness...can you see what I am getting at. In the process of my "eyes" opening more I saw myself more and more equal to everyone around me and my heart just keeps filling with love and sympathy for everyone....even people who are viewed as bad.

The pickle I am more faced with my friend is not how to be a role model but to convince people that they should be their own role model. When you find what brilliance you have within yourself then you truly become happy and finding your core becomes a lot easier...of course there are more steps...but I do not want people to base their life's on mine...do you kind of getting what I am saying. I feel like my words are being translated a little different than what I am trying to project, as we discussed before :P

Thank you for your time pilgrim.
    edited February 2008
    I recommend immediate viewing of Monty Python's Life of Brian, probably together with the said friends.
  • edited February 2008
    "follow the gourd - the holy gourd of jerusalem!"
    "no! no! follow the shoe!"
    "it's a sandal!"
    "no it's a shoe!"
  • edited February 2008
    ahem...
    slightly more on topic:
    i read this posted upon a wall in a temple in kyoto:
    "the height of ignorance is when the ego detests itself"
    having said (quoted) that, the nice thing about heights is that there's only one way to go from them...
    gassho
    edited February 2008
    "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    LOL!!!!!