Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A talk on teachers

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited February 2008 in Buddhism Basics
This is a very interesting and illuminating talk:

John Kain

P.S. When you listen to it, you may ask yourself what has gone wrong with the teaching of geography in the US!

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2008
    This is the little poem (in his own style) that I sent the friend who gave me the link:

GURU ROCK
    horses for courses...
    teachers for seekers ***

wrong horse
    lose shirt
    wrong teacher
    lose what?
    life?!?

cool-aid?
    anyone?
  • edited February 2008
    I can't it the audio to play from work...but will try from home. Started to read ch 1 from his new book...and it reminds me...I still haven't read the book he mentions. (William James, 'The Varieties of Religious Experience') Thanks for the heads up.
  • edited February 2008
    Isn't that always the way though, Harlan? You start reading one book, which reads you onto another and then you hear about another one that is related ..... which is why I end up with at least four on the go at once on my bedside table.