Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A buddhist remodel

edited October 2010 in General Banter
My wife and I have been debating on remodeling the bathroom attached to our bedroom. I want to gut it down to the studs, and start over, but that is a long and expensive task. So the other day I get the bright idea to do a "buddhist" remodel using only items I have on hand in the house (old paint, tile, lumber, etc....) and not spend anything on it. The idea being to use only what I had been given to make this bathroom half livable....the results were.............well, they were awful. I just went all out with it, and its like half elementary school art project, half just plain weird......at my lowest point I was spray painting the sink with a can of faux stone paint left over from my train layout........when its done ill post a couple pics, then maybe Ill set it on fire.....Im not sure the buddha would have made much of an interior designer.........:banghead:

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2008
    Yes please!!!! THIS I GOTTA SEE!!! :lol::lol:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    OMG!! That's hilarious!!! I can't wait to see!!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2008
    eve9d9 wrote: »
    ....................Im not sure the buddha would have made much of an interior designer.........:banghead:

The interior that the Buddha designed is rather different from a bathroom, although it does deal with a lot of faeces.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    LOL!!!
  • edited February 2008
    yeah speaking of feces.....usually Im a pretty good handyman, but this is just the bad luck bathroom, since the last post Im managed to break the glass shower door, and crack the toilet!!!! how the hell do you crack a toilet???.....I also tried to salvage the sink vanity by painting it a shiny black lacquer, which I got all over the floor, and myself when the cat knocked the paint can off the back of the toilet......might be time to cash in the chips on this one.......
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2008
    yeah speaking of feces how the hell do you crack a toilet???.....

On a need-to-know basis, i think - we'd rather not know...!!:eek2::lol:
    I also tried to salvage the sink vanity by painting it a shiny black lacquer, which I got all over the floor, and myself when the cat knocked the paint can off the back of the toilet......might be time to cash in the chips on this one.......

Nooooo! Keep going, keep going! You haven't burst any pipes yet, flooded the house or short-circuited the electricity supply!
  • edited February 2008
    federica wrote: »

Nooooo! Keep going, keep going! You haven't burst any pipes yet, flooded the house or short-circuited the electricity supply!

He obviously doesn't live with my husband
    edited February 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    He obviously doesn't live with my husband

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

:eek2:
  • edited February 2008
    y t Im managed to break the glass shower door, and crack the toilet!!!! how the hell do you crack a toilet???.....I also tried to salvage the sink vanity by painting it a shiny black lacquer, which I got all over the floor, and myself when the cat knocked the paint can off the back of the toilet......might be time to cash in the chips on this one.......

Amateur, mate, amateur. Try setting fire to the bathroom, then burning the plastic bath outside which set the outhouse alight in the same week that you tried to conflagrate the kitchen with a traditional English breakfast

We called it his inflammatory phase
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    LMAO!!!!
  • edited February 2008
    We take it pretty philosophically - I at least became pretty cool amateur fire-fighter in that week. Another skill to go on my resumé (CV)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2008
    how the hell do you crack a toilet???

The only way I know is TF*.

Palzang

*TF - terminal flatulence
  • edited October 2010
    That's must.Careful planning and assessment of the existing site is a must. This will help you determine how much transformation you want to take place. If there are only minor repairs required, repainting as well as cover-ups is good enough. However if wear and tear are obvious due to the passage of time, surface concealment is inadequate.
    edited October 2010
    I think the work was completed long ago. it was 2008.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2010
    lol spambot banned.gif
This discussion has been closed.