Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Looking for some reading?

edited June 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I've looked through the recommended reading thread and didn't find much so I thought I would just ask flat out heh. But can anyone recommend some good books on Zen Buddhism? :D

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Zen Flesh, Zen Bones by Paul Reps.
  • edited June 2005
    'Zen mind, Beginner's mind' by Shunryu Suzuki.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Song of the Mind
    by Sheng Yen
  • edited June 2005
    I'm new to all this as well (was recommended to visit this forum by Federica while I was hanging out on e-Sangha!).
    I'm currently in the middle of reading "Hardcore Zen" by Brad Werner and can thoroughly recommend it along with "Zen mind, beginners mind" as mentioned above.
    Adrian
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I would also recommend the Ten Ox-Herding Pictures.
  • edited June 2005
    Thank you much, Off to expand my book collection ;)
  • edited June 2005
    I don't know about being Zen or not, but there is this amazing book that I read. It changed not only my out look on Buddhism itself, but I think it may have saved my life. It's called "Darhma Punx" by Noah Lavine (not sure if the last name's spelled right). Really, I recommend it to any young Buddhist, wether you're interested in Buddhism and jamming at the latest punk show, or just interested in some good, Buddhist related reading. It's some great insight on modern Buddhism and alternative beliefs.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    'Buddhism for Mothers'. Good to make stressed out mummies realise that it is not the end of the world. I really liked it.