Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Modern Mantras

edited May 2008 in Buddhism Today
A young mother in my meditation class taught me her 'patience mantra' today.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Patience, patience,
Got to have patience,
Don’t get angry,
Swo pe he
[/FONT]

I love it! Does anyone else have a modern mantra to share?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Not sure if this qualifies but I use

May I walk in the Light all the days of my life

which kind of covers everything (I cheat abominably)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2008
    "Whatever it is, let it be.
    Let it go, and Stay where you are."

Seems to work currently....
  • edited May 2008
    Basically all of Don Miguel Ruiz' Four Agreements:

The Four Agreements
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Here's the modern version of an ancient mantra:

OM MOMMY PAT MY HEAD

Palzang
  • edited May 2008
    Not sure if anyone else out there is a science fiction buff, but I just recently re-read Ursula K LeGuin's The Lathe of Heaven. At the end of the book, the "magic incantation" that rescued the protagonist was With a Little Help from My Friends by the Beatles.

Makes perfect sense to me!
  • edited May 2008
    I read a book once by Spider Robinson (can't recall the title) in which a time machine was hijacked by a religious fanatic so he could change history. He wanted to provide two Beatles a cab ride to appear on SNL (late 70's timeframe) which would prevent the ascendancy of those demon-spawn followers of Elvis and allow the cult of the Fab Four to become the religious majoirity.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2008
    Now we're just getting silly....!!
  • edited May 2008
    jacx wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else out there is a science fiction buff, but I just recently re-read Ursula K LeGuin's The Lathe of Heaven. At the end of the book, the "magic incantation" that rescued the protagonist was With a Little Help from My Friends by the Beatles.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Hi jacx,
    Ever read her Earthsea stuff? I love it.

Anyway back on topic - modern mantra (for all my fellow Brits)

EDUCATION... EDUCATION... EDUCATION :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry I know it's not nice to put that here but I couldn't help myself :winkc:
  • edited May 2008
    My favorite TNH mantras:

Breathing in " I have arrived"
    Breathing out " I am home . "

and

Breathing in " Present moment."
    Breathing out " Wonderful moment. "