Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Feeding Your Demons

edited May 2008 in Arts & Writings
An article in Tricycle by Tsultrim Allione. Here are the 5 steps given to feeding rather than fighting our "demons."

1. Find the Demon. Think about the issue or demon you've decided to work with and let your awareness scan your body. Locate where you are holding this energy. Once you find the feeling, intensify it, exaggerate it. Investigate it in fine discriminating detail.

2. Personify the Demon. And ask it what it needs. Let whatever shows up, just show up without editing or judging. Ask 3 questions: What do you want from me? What do you need from me? How will you feel if you get what you need?

3. Become the Demon. Try to answer the questions from the demon's point of view.

4. Feed the Demon. And meet the Ally. Imagine your body melting into a nectar of whatever it was that the demon requested and feed it to the demon. When it is fully satisfied, the demon may disappear or be transformed into an Ally. Invite the Ally to appear and ask it: How will you serve me? What pledge will you make to me? How will you protect me? How can I gain access to you?

5. Rest in Awareness. Once the demon is feed and the ally integrated, just rest. Try not to fill up this space, just let it be.

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Assagioli, thou should'st be living at this hour.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2008
    He was reborn as island.

Palzang
  • edited May 2008
    LOL. Very cute. These aren't my ideas however. They are based on an article from Tricycle that I just summarized for people. It in turn is based on a Tibetan practice called Chod, originated by an 11thCentury teacher Machig Lapdron.

I am not sure that I was a human in my previous life. It seems to me quite likely that I was a hungry ghost.
    edited May 2008
    Palzang wrote: »
    He was reborn as island.

Palzang

You may find some amusement in the fact that Roberto Assagioli, who founded/created Psychosynthesis, was part of Alice Bailey's wide circle of correspondents. Alice Bailey was a "channeller" of a vast body of work on esoteric subjects, allegedly dictated to her by "Tibetan Masters" (a quite common 'delusion' among channellers pre-War). To her, Assagioli was a high initiate.

I have to say that I have more than a little scepticism about channelling and have found Alice Bailey almost unreadable. I did read a lot of it at a time when I had an esotericist client. Assagioli and his pupil Ferrucci had a great effect on me at a time when I was beginning to find my training in T.A. and Gestalt too mechanistic. Piero Ferrucci wrote a wondeful book called What We May Be.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2008
    island wrote: »
    LOL. Very cute. These aren't my ideas however. They are based on an article from Tricycle that I just summarized for people. It in turn is based on a Tibetan practice called Chod, originated by an 11thCentury teacher Machig Lapdron.

I am not sure that I was a human in my previous life. It seems to me quite likely that I was a hungry ghost.

Yes, we all cycle through all realms of existence constantly (which is why they call it cyclic existence). We are not guaranteed rebirth as a human, in fact, far from it. If you are in a crowd of people, a good rule of thumb is that about 90% will take a lower rebirth (i.e. in the animal, hell or hungry ghost realms). That's a very sobering contemplation. Try it the next time you're at a crowded mall!

Palzang

edited May 2008
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]"I don’t want the demons taken away because they’re going to take my angels too."
    Rainer Maria Rilke
    (Quote from Hillman and Ventura – ‘We’ve Had 100 Years of Psychotherapy and The World’s Getting Worse’)