Welcome home! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations
must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in?
Try clearing your browser's cookies.
An article in Tricycle by Tsultrim Allione. Here are the 5 steps given to feeding rather than fighting our "demons."
1. Find the Demon. Think about the issue or demon you've decided to work with and let your awareness scan your body. Locate where you are holding this energy. Once you find the feeling, intensify it, exaggerate it. Investigate it in fine discriminating detail.
2. Personify the Demon. And ask it what it needs. Let whatever shows up, just show up without editing or judging. Ask 3 questions: What do you want from me? What do you need from me? How will you feel if you get what you need?
3. Become the Demon. Try to answer the questions from the demon's point of view.
4. Feed the Demon. And meet the Ally. Imagine your body melting into a nectar of whatever it was that the demon requested and feed it to the demon. When it is fully satisfied, the demon may disappear or be transformed into an Ally. Invite the Ally to appear and ask it: How will you serve me? What pledge will you make to me? How will you protect me? How can I gain access to you?
5. Rest in Awareness. Once the demon is feed and the ally integrated, just rest. Try not to fill up this space, just let it be.