Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist explanation for holocaust?

edited June 2008 in Buddhism Today
Hey everyone I have done my share of looking and i have yet to come up with a buddhist explanation for the holocaust. I know its a very hard topic to talk about but i want a straight explanation of why buddhists think this happened to the jews.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2008
    *First of all if you will excuse me saying, your phraseology and approach are both blunt and tactless.

Secondly, there is no consensus of opinion or "Buddhist explanation" that is both agreed upon and widespread, with regard to Kammic consequences of anything happening to any mass race of people undergoing suffering. That Kamma is involved, is beyond question. But the whys and wherefores are speculation, are inconjecturable and are not to be pondered on, as they would be liable to render those speculating, insane.
    Thirdly, given that we welcome people of any race, denomination, creed, gender or colour upon this board, regardless, I think it politic to think once, think twice and even a third time, on just how exactly one is going to approach any subject, in order to avoid offence, discord and dispute.
    The Holocaust did not just involve the Jewish population but included many other different sectors of society deemed 'Impure' by the perpetrators.

I would respectfully suggest you re-examine your present frame of mind with regard to this topic and consider the possible Kammic consequences of your Thoughts, Words and Actions had I permitted this thread to continue. *
This discussion has been closed.