Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I'm Stupid

edited June 2008 in General Banter
Well I guess this is just me trying to tell you all that I will stop replying and starting threads from now on. Anytime I try to say somthing no matter how smart I think I am on the topic it comes out stupid. I will still keep reading even if i wont be writing. :(

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2008
    No. No, no no...please don't do that.
    It would be a real shame.
    But I for one would like you to take this day away as a positive eye-opener.

We've all been where you've been today.
    Sometimes lessons are pleasant and easy. Sometimes they're harsh and sudden.
    I'm sorry it's been a bit of an ordeal for you, and I'm sorry if, for my part, I have contributed to your thoughts now.

Sometimes there are no easy ways to convey opinion, and it could be seen - as a lesson for us all - how unguarded or unskilful speech can send ripples across the pond.
    I'd be very sorry to see you not contributing.

You are a bright and good person to know, and we're all happy to have you here with us, interacting and getting involved.
    The reason I know you are a bright and good person, is because by your comment above, you've taken something to heart.
    It is most certainly a "point in your favour" (for want of a more suitable term!) that you have not retaliated, been rude, insulting or critical of any of the responses you've received today.
    That is remarkably mature and good-natured of you.

The people I have met, (and I'm inter-acting with a couple elsewhere, currently!) who, no matter how much you try to point out an obvious glitch in their thought-process, refuse point-blank to accept the advice and counsel from anyone, even though they've asked for it... they actually become hostile and insulting.

I would be very disappointed if you didn't keep coming in.
    Really I would.
  • edited June 2008
    I have a better idea Chuckness - instead of giving up and not writing - try keeping on posting but doing it a bit more mindfully of how it might look to someone else reading it.

I've done it - most people I know have done it - you mean to say something but it comes out all wrong. So take your time and make sure your posts say what you actually mean. It might take longer but you'll feel better about it.

And I agree - if you were stupid (and believe me I know stupid when I meet it!) you wouldn't have taken it to heart.

Come on, we want your contribution, we just want it a bit more gently huh? :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2008
    I would never think of someone who is 14, lives in Salt Lake City and is interested in Buddhism, and also has the interest and courage to post in a Buddhist forum filled with (alleged) adults as being stupid. Quite the contrary. I think it's great! So please don't give up. Making mistakes is how we learn. That's why they put erasers on pencils. I'm sure we all appreciate having a youthful viewpoint penetrate these dreary halls of dried-up middle-aged thought! (sorry)

Palzang
  • edited June 2008
    Chuckness, please don't stop posting your thoughts on here. Like others have said before, it would be a shame for us to lose your insight on topics. That's what makes messages boards so great, various opinions and perspectives. Young or old, everyone here can still learn a lot from your insight on things. I admire that your youth doesn't disway you from adding your opinion and ideas on topics. I'm a lurker (I don't post often, but read everything!) and love to read your insight on things. I'm not sure what makes you feel the need to not post, but please look past it and continue posting if for nothing else but to help me. I value your opinion just as much as anyone else here. Email me if you ever feel the need to talk or vent, I'm always here to listen..... adamwayne@hotmail.com