Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just an image

edited June 2008 in General Banter
Just thought I would share this image that crossed my mind.

Yesterday I was upstairs in my sewing room observing the Quaker Meeting time in silence - it is a great exercise, normally I have music playing or the Old Feller comes in to chat to me but on Sunday at midday I observe the Meeting in total silence.

I looked at my table and thought "What a mess" - all kinds of implements and cotton reels and different sizes of scissors .......... but each one contributes its own skills to my sewing. I was struck by the thought that this kind of represents my spiritual path - everything with which I have come into contact, all the influences on my spirituality are sitting there, each playing their part, each contributing to where I am now. All useful.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    An interesting image. Do you ever use the time to meditate?
  • edited June 2008
    Yes, often. I use a form of repetitive motion meditation - rather like saying the mala or the rosary.

When I am doing a bit of work that doesn't require concentration (most especially knitting) I go into meditative state.

My room is my hideaway - it is where I do most of my meditation.