Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Grateful mind, benevolent mind

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited February 2009 in Faith & Religion
I have recommended the site (below) before and do so again because there is a wonderful set of YouTube videos of a talk given by Brother David Steindl-Rath and Roshi Joan Halifax on the subject of gratefulness. They are also amusing.

Have you noticed that those who have cultivated a grateful and benevolent mind are also among the most cheerful, laughing people?

http://www.gratefulness.org/brotherdavid/video.htm

Comments

• edited June 2008
    And conversely, the ones who have cultivated (or allowed to grow in the garden of their minds) a spirit of selfishness and ego-centricity, are some of the most miserable, moaning, "snot-fair" merchants you have ever met?

I was speaking to our Bank Manager today, who is a truly lovely woman who has also had the misfortune to be off work with major illness from time to time. We both agreed that the thought to hold onto throughout everything is "there are others so much worse off than me".
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2009
    A Beatitude!
  • edited February 2009
    Greek Isles, part 5 - A forward by HH would be a fine definition of interdependant arising towards the matter.