Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comic's Update

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited August 2009 in Sanghas
Hi all,

I've been taking some time to myself. I haven't been soul searching like usual. I took some time and just experienced a little life like other people. I grew some facial hair which is unusual for me. I also started drinking again. I was so attached to non attachment that it became another attachment. So I feel more balanced with these decisions and life is getting better for me with the divorce going through. I try to see my kids whenever I can but money is always an issue. I am working on getting into the sheet metal union her ein Vegas. It pays well and it is geared toward my career goals. I also started going to my friend's Drink and Draw every thursday. It has helped me become more social and blow off steam hanging with my friends. So all of you who fogot about me or wondered I am ok.

Jason

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2008
    Hi all,
    I've been taking some time to myself. I haven't been soul searching like usual. I took some time and just experienced a little life like other people. I grew some facial hair which is unusual for me.
    That's cool, Jason, We've been a bit concerned by your problems, with regard to your ex and kids....
    I also started drinking again.
    When you say, drinking, do you mean, 'drinking'....or - DRINKING - !!
    I was so attached to non attachment that it became another attachment. So I feel more balanced with these decisions and life is getting better for me with the divorce going through. I try to see my kids whenever I can but money is always an issue.
    Jason you know, getting the balance right isn't at all as easy as just opting for the much hackneyed phrase, "The Middle Way". Sometimes it's more like keeping twenty plates spinning....
    I am working on getting into the sheet metal union her ein Vegas. It pays well and it is geared toward my career goals. I also started going to my friend's Drink and Draw every thursday. It has helped me become more social and blow off steam hanging with my friends. So all of you who fogot about me or wondered I am ok.

Jason
    Jason, nobody here chased you. Nobody here pestered you to see what was going on... We knew you were going through a shedload. but sometimes, a wounded friend just needs time and space to think, and heal....without extra weight hanging on their shoulders. But nobody ever forgot about you, Jason.
    And I'm glad you've come back to keep us updated.
    It's really cool to see you again.
    Even if your avatar does make you look like you have a running chainsaw just out of camera shot....!!:D

:wavey:
  • edited July 2008
    Hi there CI - good to have you back.

I hope your problems are diminishing - they don't go away, but they become more manageable sometimes.

We are here for you but nobody is going to put pressure on you. I know - I have been off work for 14 months on sick leave and I appreciate that people are concerned but sometimes get sick to death of telling people "No, I am fine, honestly, I'm great".

So grab a mug, settle in and I'll see if there is any cake in the tin. Sure I made some the other day

opens tin muttering about not being able to keep up with the demand these days

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2008
    federica wrote: »
    That's cool, Jason, We've been a bit concerned by your problems, with regard to your ex and kids....

When you say, drinking, do you mean, 'drinking'....or - DRINKING - !!
    Jason you know, getting the balance right isn't at all as easy as just opting for the much hackneyed phrase, "The Middle Way". Sometimes it's more like keeping twenty plates spinning....

Jason, nobody here chased you. Nobody here pestered you to see what was going on... We knew you were going through a shedload. but sometimes, a wounded friend just needs time and space to think, and heal....without extra weight hanging on their shoulders. But nobody ever forgot about you, Jason.
    And I'm glad you've come back to keep us updated.
    It's really cool to see you again.
    Even if your avatar does make you look like you have a running chainsaw just out of camera shot....!!:D

:wavey:

I don't drink very much. I am still the responsible adult. Thanks Fed. My chainsaw is in the shop. Blood always clogs the motor. LOL
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2008
    Welcome home, Jason. It's so good to see you again and I'm glad to hear your coping with the divorce and everything that entails. I know you must have struggled at times and had your share of suffering and I hope things get better everyday. I'm sending you very deep wishes for peace and joy and it really is lovely to see you here again.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited July 2008
    Jason,

Good to see you around. I'm glad that you are still doing what you can to make the best out of a bad situation. I hope that everything works out for you in the end and that you find true happiness.

Jason
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2008
    I was so attached to non attachment that it became another attachment.

Brilliant. This is pure brilliance.

Welcome back, Jason :)
  • edited July 2008
    Hi Comic!
    It's good to see you. Sorry for the troubles you have been going through. Stick around and let us know how we can help.

Kim
    edited January 2009
    Hi all,

Things are looking up for me. I went back into management at Dominos. I have my own store now. It is actually the store I I was hired at and worked in for years. It fits me. I've been working a lot but it feels like I am working for myself. I do get 20 percent of the profits. The store has some problems but I am working the kinks out. I make sure to take as much down time as possible so I don't burn out and I make sure to have some fun with my friends at least once a week. I also make it a point not to micromanage my Assistant managers and I have also decided not to stress out about the store while at home. 2007 was the worst year of my life. 2008 was the year I started doing something about it. 2009 is the year I am going to start accomplishing my goals. Thanks for all the support.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2009
    Brilliant.
    Simply, utterly marvellously brilliant.
    good on you.

You deserve it.

Go get 'em Tiger!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2009
    And next, the Pizza King of Las Vegas!

Palzang
  • edited January 2009
    So pleased to hear it CI - all the very best for more onward and upward movement!
  • edited January 2009
    Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy you for you......
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Make mine Pepperoni and Sausage with extra cheese!!! Good luck! :)
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2009
    Congratulation, Jason. I'm glad that things are looking up for you.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Well done, Jason!
    Congrats and may every day bring you more peace and joy!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Brigid wrote: »
    Well done, Jason!
    Congrats and may every day bring you more peace and joy!

Ditto, Kiddo!
    edited January 2009
    Awesome news! I always had a feeling you'd get your own store :) Congrats, man!

DAMMIT I forgot you lived in Vegas! I was there for five days to cover CES for Icrontic, I should have gotten in touch with you. Oh well, we'll be at CES 2010 too, we'll have to hook up then :D
    edited June 2009
    Hi All,

I quit my job recently. I had put in around 11 years at Domino's. I went into the hospital in may for Diverticulitis. I've had to change my whole diet. It was brought on from bad diet and stress from work. I went back to work and tried to slow down a lot but then my bosses said I had to start working seven days a week. I walked right then and there. I also filed for unemployment and I was awarded the decision. I'm going to move to California City next month. My dad's friend owns a house there which needs fixing up and she wants to rent it out. I am going to look for a job there and rent it out. The bonus is that California City is 119 miles from my kids. I will be able to see them more often which is what I want. So I've been spending a lot of time working on my 1978 Dodge Van. I've been restoring it to use as a travel van for camping. I'm almost done with the inside. I built a bed fram and I am installing carpet and seat and doing the interior painting this week. Tonight I'm going to a kegger with one of my buddies. I'm not driving so it is my responsibility to drink till I vomit. (just kidding)
    edited June 2009
    Good to see you man; you and I are still around. That has to say something! :D
    edited June 2009
    Agreed. I just gave Buddhafoot a hard time on msn messenger. Shame on all the older members for not stopping by. Shame!!!!!!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2009
    Hey Comic,
    Sorry to hear both about your position and your health. Of course, your health is a far greater treasure.

I'm so happy you won some justice for yourself. Making someone work at the same job seven days a week is just inhuman.

May the Force Be With You Always!
    edited June 2009
    I love the force. Thanks. I've been living the happy life since. I've been working on my van and having some fun with my friends.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2009
    Good to see you're still around, Comic. We bad pennies keep on turning up, don't we?
    edited July 2009
    Yes. I'm that dirty one we always find under the washer or dryer once we buy a new one and realize that we haven't cleaned under the old since we put the old one there. LOL
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2009
    We're supposed to clean under there...? Uh oh...