Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

phobias

edited August 2008 in General Banter
So, earlier this week, I was helping out a couple of newcomers to our meditation class. They were reassured of being in good hands with me - I'm a "good cultivator," "very calm," and someone "with strong samadhi." I said nothing to correct this misapprehension.

The next day, I was out shopping for my baby niece. Turned the corner and wound up face to face with a mannequin (those things creep me out). I squawked, jumped straight in the air, then turned tail and ran back down the stairs. Didn't stop looking over my shoulder until I was outside on the sidewalk again!

I wonder where my samadhi was then? :lol:

Someone must have known I needed a lesson in humility.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2008
    Oh, listen, tell me about it....
    "Life" has the most wonderful timing of wielding the pin when my over-inflated ego-balloon is floating above everyone else.....
    Many's the time I've been brought down to earth with a bang!

The trick is to laugh.
    Loudest and longest. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a very feisty lady standing on the bridge of a Shell Tanker telling everyone how much she loved thunderstorms.

There was suddenly the sort of thunderclap one only finds somewhere east of Singapore ... causing the aforementioned lady to jump six feet in the air and spill her coffee, much to the amusement of everyone else on the bridge ........................... tell me about it.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2008
    :lol::lol::lol:

Or another feisty lady standing by a window in a rented cottage on the shores of an italian lake, excitedly gazing out of the window at the most extraordinary alpine electrical storm she had ever witnessed, , holding her daughter in her arms, and sharing the experience, and suddenly seeing a bolt of lightning hit the ground NOT THREE FEET INFRONT OF HER, so hot it singed her hair......and being aware of her daughter's uncontrollable laughter.....!

smell it missus? I'm stood in it!:D
  • edited August 2008
    Heh heh. Yeah, I can't be too self-deprecating, or it kind of reflects badly on the whole temple (If you're such a loser, why do they let you teach?!). But I also can't let myself think that I have any knowledge or authority!