Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Video review of the Rama Warrior meditation chair

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited January 2009 in Arts & Writings
I was browsing around the web the other day and stumbled across this vblog review of the Rama Warrior mediation chair, so I thought I'd share it with... Continue reading

Comments

• JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2008
    I bought one of those chairs when I had some extra money come my way that wasn't a spending stimulus check. I love it! My legs are a little long for it at this point, but I don't mind one cent spent on it. It does make it easier to meditate when your not worried about sitting upright and what your posture is. They do have a Wandering Monk chair that is considerably less money if it is something one is interested in, in case you need the back support.
  • edited December 2008
    link doesn't work :-((
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Jerbear wrote: »
    I bought one of those chairs when I had some extra money come my way that wasn't a spending stimulus check. I love it! My legs are a little long for it at this point, but I don't mind one cent spent on it. It does make it easier to meditate when your not worried about sitting upright and what your posture is. They do have a Wandering Monk chair that is considerably less money if it is something one is interested in, in case you need the back support.

I used to sit on the floor, then I changed to a 'prayer bench' for some years. Now I have come backj to a zafu against a wall to support my back. I do like the "Wandering Monk" chair but $159+postage? Way out of my league. I'll stick to a zafu and any available wall.
  • edited December 2008
    Jerbear wrote: »
    My legs are a little long for it at this point, but I don't mind one cent spent on it. .

:lol::lol::lol: Do we take it you are expecting your legs to shrink in the near future? I do hope not - shortage of legs is a terrible affliction.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Link is fixed :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Ooooh, thanks Brian, I've earmarked the link as a favourite.
    That way, when Nick is qualified, working, and keeping me in the manner I will rapidly become accustomed to, he can buy me one as a special gift!

He owes me, big time - !! :lol:

Until then, I'll make do with my little home-made wooden rocker stool. :( :rolleyes: :D
  • edited December 2008
    Why wander or follow Rama; surely Bodhi is the aim. Therefore, the Bodhi Chair is a must. :rolleyes:

http://www.zenbydesign.com/newchair/bodhi.html
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Simon,
    I agree that it is pricey. If I hadn't gotten a large income tax return check, I wouldn't have been able to afford it. But it works great. If what you're doing is working, keep on doing it. Sometimes as I look at some of the things for altars and the like, I feel like they are jacking up the prices as Americans will pay for things they feel they "NEED". I waited a whole year before I purchased the chair to make sure I really wanted it. Impulse buying is never a good idea when online.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2009
    You know what I like to do for fun? I go to a favourite online store and just go crazy piling up all the merchandise I want in my basket or shopping cart. And then, after a few very fun hours of fantasy shopping, I delete everything and leave.
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Hhahahahaha!!! Bet the cashiers hate you!!!! :lol:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Brigid wrote: »
    You know what I like to do for fun? I go to a favourite online store and just go crazy piling up all the merchandise I want in my basket or shopping cart. And then, after a few very fun hours of fantasy shopping, I delete everything and leave.

HOW TO BRING ANARCHY TO THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IN TESCO'S

1. Get a large trolley and fill it with as much as you can pile in.

2. Join a check-out queue.

3. Quietly slip away, leaving your loaded trolley in the queue.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Oh, I would never do it to a real cashier! Lol!! I only do it online and that way nobody gets hurt. :)
  • edited January 2009

HOW TO BRING ANARCHY TO THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IN TESCO'S

1. Get a large trolley and fill it with as much as you can pile in.

2. Join a check-out queue.

3. Quietly slip away, leaving your loaded trolley in the queue.

That's not a joke - that's what my Old Man does in Supermarkets all over France - if he doesn't like the service he's getting he abandons his trolley, collects his huff and leaves in it.