Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sorry it's been so long

bushinokibushinoki Veteran
edited October 2008 in General Banter
OpTempo has been high with the impending deployment.

I just spent a month in Cali at NTC training up. My duties have changed. For those with military knowledge, I now fill a new duty position, Company Intel NCOIC. It's now my job to give our soldiers the info that keeps them alive. Had a tiring month, with two weeks worth of time spent working 20+ hours a day. I do enjoy the new job though.

One more update without breaking OpSec procedures- I will be home for Christmas.

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2008
    Hi, Bushi!

I'm glad you like your new job. Sounds exciting and scary a bit, too. I'm sure you're more than up to the task. I'm also very happy that you'll be home for Christmas. That's a great bonus.

It's great to see you again.

Love,
    Boo

P.S. Looks like we've been spam attacked here on the board! Goodness gracious me!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2008
    I've got some info that'll keep them alive - vote for Obama!

Palzang
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2008
    THAT'S NO EXCUSE, SOLDIER!!!!

I CATCH YOU SLACKIN' OFF ON YOUR NEWBUDDHIST POSTS AGAIN AND I WILL KICK YOUR ASS SO HIGH AND HARD YOU'LL HAVE TO UNZIP YOUR PANTS JUST TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH.

In the most compassionate way possible, of course.

Take care -

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2008
    You are a true bodhisattva, bf...

Palzang
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited October 2008
    That's a good one, bf, but I haven't had to deal with that level of NCO since basic. That isn't to say I haven't done my fair share of "corrective training" since I left basic, but, it's a different army in the modern era.

As for the right decision in Iraq, the fact is, the answer is between "pull out all troops" and "we're there for ten years yet". 3-4 years is probably a good estimate.