Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Troll Attack by the looks of it

edited November 2008 in General Banter
Anyone else noticed the new dodgy threads? Makes you wonder why they bother doing it. Must have too much time on their hands.

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2008
    It's called spam, and it has no place here. Where are our administrators?!

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2008
    I'm here!!

Phew!!

They're posting faster than I can ban them!!

But I'm keeping up, I'm keeping up!! :D
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2008
    Simon's reported post summoned me to arms as well! :D Sorry, slept in by accident today.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2008
    If anyone wants chips with their spam, we're frying tonight!

Thanks to all who keep an eye out - and thank you Simon!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2008
    Good girl, Fede! I thought you were falling asleep at the switch. Actually that free ring tone was tempting...

Palzang
    edited October 2008
    For complaints about spammers, press #1

For complaints about other posters, press #2

For complaints about thread topic, press #3

For complaints about Moderating decisions, press #4

For complaints about moderators, press #3947603362991018849472446804775987704752234 :lol:
    edited October 2008
    BTW... Brian came in a short time ago, to explain why we'd had no influx of new members.... something about the registration system not working....
    That's why, I would think, we also had no spammers.... but now he's cleared that little problem up, it's also opened the floodgates too....unfortunately!!

Just have to be a whole lot more vigilant from now on, I guess!!

odd.... no calls on the "complaints about moderators" extension.....:crazy: :D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2008
    I tried dialing it, but all I got was Dial-A-Prayer!

Palzang
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2008
    "Moderate new members" was turned off; not sure why. I turned it back on so Brian will be approving new members again before they can post now. Just cleaned up another cadre of spammers.
    edited November 2008
    Thanks!
    No wonder they've been flooding the board....
    Fine!
    I'll just go back to keeping this rum lot in check! Goodness knows they're a mighty handful as it is! Drive me nutz, they do - ! :crazy: :D
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited November 2008
    It should be squared away now. They're certainly not people behind the accounts, they're just programs that register forum accounts for spamming. It's all automated.