Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thank You

edited December 2008 in Sanghas
I thought it would be best for the community if I left the site, but before I go I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you who posted in response to the discussions I have raised, and to everyone who has PMd or e-mailed me their thoughts.

I extend my thanks to the following:

Knitwitch
federica
Jerbear
Simonthepilgrim
Palzang
Brian
Elohim
Matt
Brigid
srivijaya
inthedharma

I am forever in your debt.

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2008
    TwoHands wrote: »
    I thought it would be best for the community if I left the site, but before I go I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you who posted in response to the discussions I have raised, and to everyone who has PMd or e-mailed me their thoughts.

I extend my thanks to the following:

Knitwitch
    federica
    Jerbear
    Simonthepilgrim
    Palzang
    Brian
    Elohim
    Matt
    Brigid
    srivijaya
    inthedharma

I am forever in your debt.

If it is best for you to leave, certainly do so, but allow the community to decide if it is good for the group. So far, I can't see that your presence has brought us anything negative, only a useful discussion on monasticism and the role of the hermit. A good thing.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2008
    I don't see any reason whatsoever for you to leave, TwoHands. You just got here. Lol!!

You haven't caused any division so there's really nothing to worry about. Aside from the benefits we will receive having you around, this site will almost certainly be of benefit to you. It is a repository of an amazing amount of information and resources that will undoubtedly help you along the path. Even if you'd rather not participate in any discussions you can still read through the archives which contain things like reading lists, Dhamma centre lists, common issues and so much more.

So stick around, even if you don't post. Although I'm surely biased, in my experience this is the best Buddhist forum on the internet. It's been of such benefit to me it's incredible. It got me working on my ego struggles and became my soft place to land amongst people who empathized and challenged me. I hope you decide to stick around.

Be well!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Ditto. Maybe if you feel uncomfortable posting, just read for a while. Certainly you have caused no division. You should have seen some of the people who have been on this site in the past. Now, they caused division!

Palzang