Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Cat - Toby Chan

edited March 2009 in General Banter
We have Toby 3 yrs ago from Cat foster home. He only got one eye and his tounge got brunt before. He was not feeling well recently and was sent to animal hosiptal.

Vet did a blood test for him and confirmed that his kidney is not functioning. My tear comes out when the Vet said that she can't do anything else and let Toby go home.

Vet will put Toby down tomorrow (14 Feb 2009).

I will pray for him

Father - Gary and family

Comments

• edited February 2009
    We did visit Toby at 11:30 A.M He was very sick and decided to let him go.

Toby - Papa will pray for you and hope Amitābha leads you to the West Pure Land.
  • edited February 2009
    I'm very sorry for you loss, and will say a prayer for Toby Chan.
    decoGuanYin.jpg
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited February 2009
    Look on the bright side... for the last three years Toby Chan had a wonderful life and knew he was loved. What a way to go.

A year ago we had our little dog die in my wife's arms while we were racing to the vet (40 mins away). My wife was very upset. I said think on this...

He was riding in the car, which he loved, he was in your arms, which he loved more... how much better could it get... when I die that's how I want to go!

We are often so overcome with grief, we lose sight of how rich the experience with our loved one was. Think on that, it will bring peace.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2009
    Excellent advice, Les.

Dear kwokwing,

So sorry for your loss. I love cats and have 4 of them at the moment and know how difficult it can be to let them go. I send you my deepest wishes for a lessening of your suffering and for peace and joy today and everyday.