Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I must tell everyone about my night!!!!!!

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited July 2005 in Buddhism Today
Okay at my job tonight which everyone here knows I am miserable at, I go to an apartment and knock on the door three diferent times. No one answers. I go back to the store. The people call and the girl who answers the phone says that they are saying that they came to the door and asked me to hold on a minute. I told her out loud across the room that they never answered the door. So I figure there was a misunderstanding. I am a little upset but I figure just ge tit done and move on. I get to the door and the teenage girl answers and says one sec. The mother comes to the door saying she heard what I said and she called me a liar. She said she saw her daughter open the door and tell me to wait a minute. At this point I am getting upset. I asked her why I would leave if her daughter opened the door. I could see her daughter almost say that she didn't open the door but she stopped herself. Then her mother said I called her daughter a liar and told her daughter to give me the damn money. I said no and turned aroun very insulted and left with their pizza. Then I get back to the store and the manager was on the phone with them. She walked over to me and asked for my side. After I explained it to her she told me they left some things out and she agreed with me that it made no sense for me to leave if they opened the door and asked me to wait. Well I calmed down and made it through the night.

Part 2

Later that night a stray dog who looked pretty beaten up came to the back door of the store. My boss and I loaded him into my car and drove him to her mother's house who lived 2 blocks away. Tomorrow she is going to call th e newspaper and put an ad to give him away. I felt so good to help that animal and so did my manager. It made what happenned earlier not even matter. :bigclap:

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2005
    When I was 18 I found a stray dog and ended up keeping her and she became one of the best pets I ever had. Taking care of strays is indeed fulfilling :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2005
    That's how i found my Boyfriend - !! And you think I'm kidding....!

The best dog we ever owned was a mix puppy who'd been abandoned on the side of a motorway... his name was herbie, we got him at three months and he stayed with us until he was 13.... best dog ever. we had to put him down at the end becayuse he had an infected gland that turned gangrenous... I used to wonder if there was anything more we could have done for him.... one day, in a post office queue, this lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said (and folks, I swear this is true!)
    Excuse me... please don't think me odd, but did you ever own a black dog with floppy ears... he looked a bit like a dobermann?"
    I replied yes, but we'd only just moved, so she can't have known us from the neighbourhood....
    "I know this sounds very strange," she went on, "but I'm psychic. I need to tell you that your dog is very happy and doesn't hold you responsible for his illness....he is extremely content and he says he loved being with your family."
    I was so taken aback. She just smiled, and nodded.
    Dog heaven exists. It's official. :)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Interesting. And I always thought that dog psychic was a whacko. :bigclap:
  • edited July 2005
    I love helping animals. Whether its a turtle in the road or a dog on a 5 foot chain. Its a great feeling. And stray dogs are the best dogs. I found a cat in a dumpster at a school. I named her Emma, and I had her for about 11 years. She died from old age...she was my first animal companion.
    Psychics wig me out sometimes...like Sylvia Brown. I don't know if you guys have heard of her..shes on Montel all the time. Look her up. She would definatly make me a believer. ;)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    I have heard of her. I had a mediumistic reading done last year by a nice lady over the phone. I got all sorts of persoanl messages from my mom. I am a strong believer.