Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What a day...

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited May 2009 in Arts & Writings
I'm not sure how to describe this day without sounding too optimistic and giddy... Continue reading

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2009
    I am so thrilled for you that I have tears streaming down my face.
    I'm really proud of you Brian.
    Hey guys, I really do think he's back!
  • edited May 2009
    :-)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2009
    That's great, Brian. It almost motivates me to get my act together. I said "almost"!

Palzang
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited May 2009
    You're the MAN! You know what, you should come visit me for a few days in the summer so I can take you on some wicked ass-hikes.
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited May 2009
    Truly inspirational... like Palzang, it makes me want to do that myself! Thanks you for sharing that... and good luck to Lazarus too!

Les
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Elohim wrote: »
    You're the MAN! You know what, you should come visit me for a few days in the summer so I can take you on some wicked ass-hikes.

I see what you did there.... :orange:
  • edited May 2009
    Very inspirational Brian. Thanks for sharing it.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Brian wrote: »
    I see what you did there.... :orange:

Heh. But seriously, there are some pretty awesome trails here, with waterfalls and spectacular view and suchs. If you get the chance, you (and Matt) should come visit me in PDX for a week.
  • edited May 2009
    Ok... don't take this wrong, Brian. I have looked at your health kick as a passing fad. Not that I doubt you but I have individuals around me that start these fads once or twice a year, spend money, blow it off, and end up an emotional mess. So, when you started, I thought "This would be great for Brian, if he sticks with it. It would do the world of good for him, but I doubt he will continue or even see a difference in a month."

OK... so time for me to fess up. In a month you went from being worse than me (in shape and diet) to way better than me. I am truly jealous of what you have done... and inspired. A simple walk every day... a simple change in how you look at things... a simple promise to not fall into pity and self loathing... And now you are beyond "fighting against indoctrinated habits" phase and you are starting to actually change your life style.

I hope that I can muster the emotional and mental facilities necessary to get up off my butt and stop making excuses and future promises.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Thank you Q. That means a lot to me. <3
  • edited May 2009
    ;)