Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Working out, and the inevitable food crave

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited September 2009 in Arts & Writings
I had a bad headache all day. It was making it very difficult to stay on task, stay motivated... Continue reading

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Brian, two things:
    One, are you drinking enough?
    Sometimes what we think are food cravings, are possibly the body's way of telling you it needs fluides.
    The exercise you're taaking at the moment, you should be drinking arouns a litre-and-a-half of water, daily.
    Two:
    Think of it this way:
    Slow carb-release breakfast.... and -

Breakfast like a King,
    Lunch like a Lord,
    Dinner like a Pauper.
    Go to it duuuude!

(PS: A bit of fried chicken is not going to hurt you now and then....)
  • edited May 2009
    Yep... breakfast is suppose to be the fuel for the day... lunch is long term energy and dinner is more of a large snack... Stomach should be done with it's work by the time you go to bed. Or so I've been told.
  • edited May 2009
    Strictly speaking, your weight is not effected by when you eat your food. I mean you don't gain more weight by eating closer to bed. But it is still better to eat earlier on so you have the energy to exercise more.

Food cravings have always been the toughest part for me. I run a lot, but those cravings always seem to come around bedtime. Just drink a lot of water every time you feel yourself getting hungry when you're not supposed to eat.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2009
    I survived the craving; and I've been drinking a TON of water, way more than a liter a day. Usually, I'm drinking a gallon a day.
  • edited September 2009
    Strictly speaking, your weight is not effected by when you eat your food. I mean you don't gain more weight by eating closer to bed. But it is still better to eat earlier on so you have the energy to exercise more.

Food cravings have always been the toughest part for me. I run a lot, but those cravings always seem to come around bedtime. Just drink a lot of water every time you feel yourself getting hungry when you're not supposed to eat.