Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Things changed

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited May 2009 in Arts & Writings
My friend Reggie's brother died. Instead of mourning tonight... Continue reading

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I need to do this with smoking, and a number of other things.... I think the number of other things seem to outweigh the importance of not smoking, which may or may not be a good thing. I know that the other habits are things I need to get rid of and I do subconsciously put myself in positions to get rid of them, but ultimately, smoking needs to go, especially since I recently have been diagnosed with diabetes. I don't know what else to say but your post compelled me to register and relate my feelings for this topic. I know we've conversed before (and met) through Twitter, but I support the things you're doing and want to make sure that you know it.

Drew Parfitt
    aka Doctor Drizzle
    (insert 20 affiliations here)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for posting, Drew. I am delighted when people let me know that they read my blogs, much less say that it connected with them somehow.

I come from a family of diabetics, and I'll tell you that the looming specter of diabetes is one of the things that compelled me to severely cut down on sugar in my diet; I started drinking black coffee, I started facing my chocolate addiction, and I've completely switched from white bread to getting as many whole grains as possible. I think about it a lot, and genetics and statistics say I'll probably be diabetic when I'm older. I figure, if I start making the changes to my diet now they won't be such a shock when I have to do it.

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you.