Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The headache

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited May 2009 in Arts & Writings
I get them far less often than I used to, which leads me to believe that overall fitness and diet have a lot to do with them, but today's...Continue reading

Comments

• edited May 2009
    maybe you just ran so fast for that part of the run that the thing couldn't track it! yeah, that's the ticket. :)
  • edited May 2009
    Fine. You win.

Bad days are killer, and as you mentioned in yesterday's post, they probably will never go away. Like on Wed. I still have days running where my performance absolutely sucks. I get a side cramp on my left side typically once a week. I don't know how to prevent it, but it absolutely destroys my run. I try to push through the pain, but it never turns out well. It's good that you've decided to live with it, because as I've come to understand it's simply a part of working out.

Glad you gave BuddyRunner a shot. Make sure you've configured the dashboard to you, especially weight for calorie calculations. That web interface is outstanding. You can compare day to day graphs, see progress over a week, or a month. It'll definitely help you see progress, and help you understand where you need to improve.

It's amazing, I run a lot of hills on my routes. I can see my performance adjust in the graph, and knowing that has helped me to try and pick up pace in those weak areas.

Seeing progress in a visual form is a massive boost. Keep using it (and definitely get a cheap microSD card for workout tunes)