Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Snake bite victim prayed for snake

jinzangjinzang Veteran
edited June 2009 in Buddhism Today
Those wacky Buddhists at KPC!

He said some friends helped him catch the snake in a vase and identify it as a potentially venomous species after it bit him twice on his index finger. However, he said he took the snake on a three-minute walk around the temple's holy Enlightenment Stupa, offering "prayers for a higher rebirth," before setting the animal free and going to the hospital.
:)

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, we're a bunch of crazy snake lovers, fer sure! What's funny is that a day or two after the story hit the press, I went to an old general store just down the road from the temple to pick up some bird seed (it's been there forever, sold Mars bars to Civil War soldiers no doubt as they headed over the ferry by the store). They said to me that they'd known about the "den of copperheads" on our property for years. Gee, thanks for telling us!

I mean, I assume they were talking about the snakes!

Palzang
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2009
    jinzang wrote: »
    Those wacky Buddhists at KPC!

He said some friends helped him catch the snake in a vase and identify it as a potentially venomous species after it bit him twice on his index finger. However, he said he took the snake on a three-minute walk around the temple's holy Enlightenment Stupa, offering "prayers for a higher rebirth," before setting the animal free and going to the hospital.
    :)

With news of doctors being killed at churches and mvsevm-goers being gunned down at a Holocaust memorial, I find this awesome. Thanks for sharing.

It blessed me greatly to hear of no dead snake in tow and the prayer gestures. What the world needs now is more wacky buddhists of any stripe.