Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pizza is not workout food

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited June 2009 in Arts & Writings
And I would do well to remember that.

When, at mile 2, you start burping and belching, you know something is wrong. We cheaped out tonight, got lazy, and had pizza for dinner... Continue reading

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Alas, we really are what we eat (and drink). I avoid alcohol and as many E-numbers as possible as well as being veggie.

I also try to avoid the all pervasive Soy lecithin, as it causes a nasty skin rash on my hands. It's in everything from bread, cakes and biscuits, chocolate, various sweets, margarine, coffee creamers/ cream substitutes and even some wines?
    http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/lecithin.html

I, therefore, have a bread maker. At least I can control what goes into the bread and it tastes 100% better. It works out cheaper too.

I love pizza, garlic, olives, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil - I should have been an Italian.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited June 2009
    Mm pizza :D
  • edited June 2009
    I'm glad you're trying to push a constant pace on the bike. I've known far too many people that take up biking as a workout means and then just leisurely ride around, and then get frustrated when they don't see any progress.

Bike rides are not meant to be fun times, it's a workout. It's why you see people on the stationary bikes at the gym peddling their heads off.

Glad you're still going at it man, it's great that Fatcat's coming along. I've said it a million times, having someone with you will boost your initiative and performance, it's a secret weapon of working out.