Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The skunk hunters

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited June 2009 in Arts & Writings
Tonight I walked instead of biked; I took my kids skunk hunting.

By hunting, I mean looking for skunks... Continue reading

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Love the things kids come out with...
    My daughter on hearing classical music to move the 'soul', and having a tear well up...

"I'm happy, but my eyes aren't....!"

Shame you never found any skunks... they probably keep themselves to themselves now, because they've developed a healthy and cautious attitude towards humans....

We could learn a lot from skunks.....;)
  • edited June 2009
    In college I used to walk with my buddy Nick from our campus to downtown Marion. It was a favorite thing of ours, made the trek many times and shared great conversations on the way - it was about an hour fifteen walk one way.

I remember the first time we made the walk, we just up and did it without thinking about the distance. Once we got downtown, I remember how vividly the surroundings seemed surreal. You drive by these places on a regular basis, but when you get there in person, it's an incredible perspective shift. There was nothing new to see, but everything was new to see.

I love that feeling. When you slow down to the speed of a walk, run, or bikeride, you see so much more in your usual surroundings.
  • edited June 2009
    Wait a couple weeks Brian and you might be blessed with seeing skunks bringing their babies to the best eating places in the County. Have you ever tried to put food out for them? I LOVE skunks! I had the blessing one day some years ago of holding one and having it cuddle up around my neck and shoulders. VERY loving little critter!