Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Then and now

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited June 2009 in Arts & Writings
Then and now....

continue reading...

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2009
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2009
    yeh, I second that.
    All I'm waiting for now is the hot chick report and "Boy!! What a night that was....." :D
  • edited June 2009
    Sounds like the bike ride was still a form of aggression.
  • edited June 2009
    Brian,

This is a lovely poem, thank you for sharing it! I found it to be raw in its honesty, and fully, transparently human. It is certainly something that I can relate to personally, especially many years ago.

"Then and Now" will perhaps resonate with men even more then women (speaking here as a generalization only) given how visual men tend to be in how they connect with their emotions, especially emotions felt in close relationships. All senses can connect with a loved one...the way they smell, a certain color, the sound of their voice....

Interesting to consider that women tend to score a bit higher on Emotional Intelligence tests than men do (again, this is speaking en mass, purely a statistical generalization). It is possible that men are often less objective when dealing with emotional data than women are, and perhaps are able to manage emotions better.

Shifting gears here toward personal, anecdotal observation (as opposed to behavioral science). Have you all noticed that it can take men a lot longer to get over a lost love than it does women? Does it seem to you that men tend to hold tightly onto their emotional past and wax nostalgically about yesterday more than women? I certainly have noticed this! As a man, I hope I am not too far out on a limb here! LOL.

What do you think??
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Have you all noticed that it can take men a lot longer to get over a lost love than it does women?

I think I can get behind that generalization, yes. From what I've observed in my admittedly short yet "richly textured" 32 years, that seems about right.
    Iawa wrote:
    Sounds like the bike ride was still a form of aggression.

Oh, no doubt. Aggression is the only way I can get my out of shape ass moving. :D