Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

London Blasts

emmakemmak Veteran
edited July 2005 in Buddhism Today
Are all of you in London ok? My parents are there. Cant contact them....

Comments

• edited July 2005
    I hope you managed to get hold of your parents Emma. A lot of the mobile networks were down in the area and the normal phone network was getting overloaded as well.
    I'm so glad I don't work in London, I've just spoken to one of my friends in our City office and he is preparing himself for a very long walk home. Fortunately I've been able to account for all those I know that work in the area.
  • edited July 2005
    I wish everyone effected by these events well.

Though I will point you, and others, towards the picture in my signature for there is much to be learned by such an image.

GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2005
    Best wishes to all of those who are worried about friends and loved ones right now :( Please let us know if everything is okay, emmak.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited July 2005
    contacted them at four this morning. All is well, and they have left London. Massive sigh of relief..
  • edited July 2005
    Beautiful Fist of the Springtime: Your picture tells me that the terrorists would get their point across more successfully (and humanely) if they were to publicly kill themselves in protest rather than killing others. I'm glad you used your picture to illustrate how far the terrorists are from the Right Path.
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Yes it is very sad. There was a big argument on my DVD forum.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Has anyone heard from Simon? Does he not live in London?
  • edited July 2005
    Simon lives in the Cotswalds - they're a ways away.
  • edited July 2005
    thebatman wrote:
    Beautiful Fist of the Springtime: Your picture tells me that the terrorists would get their point across more successfully (and humanely) if they were to publicly kill themselves in protest rather than killing others. I'm glad you used your picture to illustrate how far the terrorists are from the Right Path.

I'm glad you can found something within the picture.
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    I heard from Simon afte rit all happenned. It happenned while I was sleeping and I got a PM from him after.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Thank you for your concern. I am (more or less) OK.

#1 Son was driving in to London as the news broke. He turned round and drove straight home (Windsor). His partner (also in London) got home around midnight, having only been able to text my son mid-afternoon, so we were chewing our nails.

We continue to be a bit worried about #2 Son as he hasn't been in contact (not unusual). He also works in London (lives in Marlow).
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Glad to hear you are ok, Simon. Obviously, I have no idea of the geography of England :) Hope your sons are all well, and that #2 son contacts you soon.