Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is this my karma ?

edited August 2009 in Buddhism Basics
So ive had this farting problem maybe a while back ( 7 weeks ) , its liek this fart where i cant control so everytime im in a public place etc school , work id just let of a fart at a random time . Its like a fart where i can't control whether to let it out or not . So i went to the doctor and took medicine for maybe a month which kinda workeddd . So then 2 weeks later im still having random times of farting but less than before . So the question was is this my Karma ? And how can i stop it ? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited August 2009
    LOL! (If this is a serious question, I'd say no.)
  • edited August 2009
    Karma or Fosters, that's the question?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2009
    No, it's your colon's Karma.

(I wonder to whom it belonged before.)

It's not what happens to you, it's how you deal with it.

look for a symphonic orchestra auditioning for the wind section.
    When your audition comes up, ask them to play
    "They called the wind Mariah".
    It's a rousing tune, you should do well.

But put in some practice......;)
  • edited August 2009
    federica wrote: »
    No, it's your colon's Karma.

(I wonder to whom it belonged before.)

It's not what happens to you, it's how you deal with it.

look for a symphonic orchestra auditioning for the wind section.
    When your audition comes up, ask them to play
    "They called the wind Mariah".
    It's a rousing tune, you should do well.

But put in some practice......;)

Okay so how do i deal with it ? and what is colon's karma :confused:
  • jinzangjinzang Veteran
    edited August 2009
    Keep a diary of what you eat and your emotional state and see if your problem is related to either. You probably can solve the problem by changing your lifestyle or diet.
  • edited August 2009
    yeah ive tried that already stop drinking milk for a while cos doc said that there was too much gas in milk other than that the stuff i eat is preety healthy rice etc.
  • edited August 2009
    Hi there,

Well I get this too - when I'm very nervy. Maybe it creates gas or something (??) When I'm tense I breathe sooo badly and normally when you're stressed you take in too much air and don't expel enough.

Try breathing in 1 breath out 2, in 2 out 3 - as far as you can. Always breathe out more than you breathe in.

Also when I drink lots of (sugar free) squash.
    Drinking lots of water, eating lots of marshmallows (a traditional remedy) and cutting out the carbs helps me. Also when I do yoga, all the bloating and wind goes out of my stomach and it stays flat (and I stay wind free) for a week.

As for karma, I wouldn't think the two were related. Dunno why. Maybe I'm more practical-minded.
  • edited August 2009
    thanks for the advice sara i really liked what you said about breathing makes sense .

Will Meditation also help me as did yoga with you ?
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited August 2009
    You need to see a doctor again about this. Preferably a gastroenterologist. But there is a chance meditation could help with this, if it's being caused by bad eating habits or emotional disturbance.
  • edited August 2009
    Hello again,

I do think meditation would help in that it would calm your breathing.

But yoga helps me dispel the pockets of air I've already accumulated (and my stomach puffs right out when I'm stressed!). This is a very coy way of saying it makes me fart.

BUT, in a way that releases air and discomfort. A bit like the massage you do on a baby when it's got wind
  • edited August 2009
    thanks for your comment sara fivebells
    yeah ive meditating for these couples of these at nighttime and i find thats its help me alot to control my breathing and not letting out anymore gas.

Do you know of a meditation guide i could read

thanks
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2009
    There are a lot of good guides out there on meditation. Here's one by my teacher that is a simple form of meditation that should help you. Just click here. Or you could go to Snow Lion and search for "meditation".

Palzang
  • edited August 2009
    thankyou Palzang
    but i cant buy stuff online i was hoping to access a free meditation guide online ?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2009
    I'll look around and see what I can dig up.

Palzang
  • edited August 2009
    alright thanks dude
    appreciate it , in the meantime im going to take a shower
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2009
    When you get outta da shower, check this site out: http://www.wildmind.org/

Palzang
  • edited August 2009
    You could try this series of meditation videos (about 12 short video clips)

This is no1, the introduction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7a9Ur2x0o

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2009
    Hi, X.

Here's a great article that will definitely help.

The Steps of Breath Meditation

There are other articles on that same page but this one is the best for beginners.

I'll keep looking for some good meditation instruction for beginners and I'll post anything I find here.
  • edited August 2009
    Also - think about HOW you eat, not just WHAT you eat. If you eat quickly and don't pause, take your time, chew your food properly, you can be taking in a lot of air with your grub - with the results you explained;
  • edited August 2009
    bro, I can understand ur problem.

my advice is to work out and get totally ripped, im talking arnold or bruce lee style, depending on your build.

then you'll have the confidence to let them rip. farting is actually a good thing, a sign of health,
    u can take this and transform it into a badge of health,
    imagine ur ripped as hell, and u fart next to a chick or something,
    be like HELL YEAH, thats the muscle factory baby!!

if u are a girl, well ....if ur overweight, fix it, work out -get fit, cause a fat chick farting uncontrolled is sick, and a sign of UNHEALTH,

(I assume you care about what people think..why else would u post about it)

GOOD LUCK
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2009
    And never forget the epitaph that Boo quoted a couple of years ago and which was a favourite of my mother's:

Wherever you be
    Let your wind blow free.
    For keeping it in
    Was the death of me.